NEC show - anyone going?

Tony Jones

Chris, we came down to 2 models the 678 & 688 (only models with a fixed wash room) went for the 678 as it has the biggest wash room in the range at the expense of a narrower tall wardrobe, important to us as we rarely use sites and use the shower every day we are away in the van. Also the kitchen appeared more usable.

Eddie, Exsis A class i414 comes in at 5.99m with double transverse bed over garage. or the Low Profile version t414 at 5.95m

Brian has a i578 I've been talking to him via PM's seems to pleased with the van only negative points was the swing wall wash room not to much of a concern as they use sites, also wasn't too keen on the fixed table and may mod it. The 578 appears to be one of 2 or 3 models where the table does not swivel through 360 deg.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lenny, thanks for the update and info.

I think you have picked the best of the single bed versions, I really like it.

If I had to go to a transverse bed the 614 looks good but, as you say, has the swing wall bathroom.

I, too, have had a lengthy discussion with Brian about the 578 (they have one at Highbridge, just down the road from us) and I had a chance to try out the shower (dry run) and felt it was not yet fully thought through so we would go for one with the Comfort Washroom, too.

Also looked at the Tramp CL 614 which has this washroom with large transverse bed and even taller garage but at 7.20m.

The TEC Tower would be ok for us, getting the bikes in the garage is a priority for this next van.

Thanks again.

Chris, having the 150lt fridge but not the TEC Tower as the oven and grill are absolute rubbish we have one in our current van, we are having a dealer fitted oven still high above the fridge but even my 4'10" wife can live with it up there.

On the bathrooms the 678 has a bench loo & the 688 a swivel bowel, the bench loo give more space more comfortable in use and waste tank is bigger (important when wilding).

Just a brief comment on the value of the show, next months classic car show,at the NEC, featuring such timeless models as the Austin Princess, is £25 with advance booking, with no senior concession, and £10 parking!

RHS garden shows are now in the £30 bracket to park in a field and walk around a glamorous garden centre, although you might see Monty Don from a distance.

Mind you I may be off to Glastonbury this year, £200 to meditate in a mud patch.

Billggski - 2013-10-21 3:26 PM

Just a brief comment on the value of the show, next months classic car show,at the NEC, featuring such timeless models as the Austin Princess, is £25 with advance booking, with no senior concession, and £10 parking!

RHS garden shows are now in the £30 bracket to park in a field and walk around a glamorous garden centre, although you might see Monty Don from a distance.

Mind you I may be off to Glastonbury this year, £200 to meditate in a mud patch.

I could rent you our place, and a drive to park the van on. You can even hear the shows from here if the winds in the right(wrong?) direction.

lennyhb - 2013-10-21 12:08 PM

Chris, having the 150lt fridge but not the TEC Tower as the oven and grill are absolute rubbish we have one in our current van, we are having a dealer fitted oven still high above the fridge but even my 4'10" wife can live with it up there.

On the bathrooms the 678 has a bench loo & the 688 a swivel bowel, the bench loo give more space more comfortable in use and waste tank is bigger (important when wilding).

Lenny do you know the brand or model of the oven you are looking at?

Well spotted on the toilet designs, I've just noticed that the T CL 614 has a swivel bowl in the Comfort Washroom.

When I first looked I thought all the Exsis models had a bench loo but you are correct, sneaky eh?

lennyhb - 2013-10-21 12:08 PM

Lenny do you know the brand or model of the oven you are looking at?

No but I trust them to put something in that will work nothing could be worse than a TEC Tower oven but I will find out before they fit it.

Well spotted on the toilet designs, I've just noticed that the T CL 614 has a swivel bowl in the Comfort Washroom.

When I first looked I thought all the Exsis models had a bench loo but you are correct, sneaky eh?

When you have spent several hours going around all the Exsis models at Düsseldorf then again at Brussels they all blur into one & can't remember what's what, either that or the dementia is kicking in. When we finished wasn't sure what was in what glad we sorted it out . :D

Archived