NEC show - anyone going?

Tony Jones

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Tony

We unfortunately are there on the Wednesday, but have a good few days, sure you will enjoy. We love to go around the Alan Rogers stall and pick up the tourist guides and maps... And look at the Vans to see any hints and tips that might improve ours..

Can spend a whole day and not get bored.... We go most years, but only live local... Enjoy!!

Hi Tony,

We live locally as well, but due to work (dreadful word!) and other commitments we can only go on Saturday.

We have won tickets for this years show so will be able to afford a coffee or two now :-)

Anybody else going on Saturday?

Keith.

Just had some freebie tickets in the post today, although we were going anyway.

Well just have to decide if we will run up in the car or take the van and have a stopover at a CL up there.

We will keep an eye on the weather as its a fair trip to get it wrong on, lol. So that means we don't know which day yet so are playing it by ear.

No way. Every time we go we finish up being tempted into spending large amounts of money. We are thinking of down sizing in a few years time and if so the NEC will be the place we will head for to make a choice. Possibly for two days before we make our mind up what to buy.

We are going on the Thursday it is only the other side of Birmingham from us. Cant quite work out how to get club tickets for £6.50, senior rate. Every site I go on says they are £7 plus the booking charge of £1, even using the CC6 code given by C&CC. It's a£1 I wont be able to put toward a cup of tea!

bob

Bojitoes - 2013-10-08 8:09 PM

We are going on the Thursday it is only the other side of Birmingham from us. Cant quite work out how to get club tickets for £6.50, senior rate. Every site I go on says they are £7 plus the booking charge of £1, even using the CC6 code given by C&CC. It's a£1 I wont be able to put toward a cup of tea!

bob

Not sure what you are doing, but it seems straightforward to buy tickets for the Show on-line at a reduced rate.

This link accesses the Ticket Information section of the Show's website

http://www.motorhomeandcaravanshow.co.uk/page.cfm/Link=9/t=m/goSection=3

1. Click on Senior (over 60yrs)

2. Click on Buy Tickets on the right-hand side of the Thu Oct 17 2013 - 10:00 AM to Thu Oct 17 2013 - 6:00 PM entry.

3. Type in the CC6 promotional code in the box headed Promotional Code and click on Go.

4. When the "The promotional code you have entered was accepted" box appears click on OK.

5. Select the appropriate number of tickets at £6.50 and click on Continue.

6. Check that what you've ordered is correct (and note that there's a £1 'Fulfillment Fee'). Click on Continue.

7. You can do the rest yourself...

There are several promotional codes for this NEC show. The code MMM produces the same reduced ticket prices as the C&CC's code, but the Caravan Club's promotional code TCC1 will produce a price of £6.25 for a Senior 60+ticket that (as far as I'm aware) is the cheapest on-line promotional offer.

lennyhb - 2013-10-09 3:55 PM

Nope, going to the Brussels show at the weekend, my Hymer dealer thinks he will be able to do better deal than the 16% discount he offered at Dusseldorf .

Cathago would only give 5% at Dusseldorf see if they can do any better.

Being very nosey, who is your Hymer dealer and how much saving will you make? In other words, is it worth it, bearing in mind the current exchange rate?

We are not in the market to change at the moment, but it is certainly something we have talked about. :-D

lazarus - 2013-10-09 8:50 PM

can one park overnight at the nec?

No, unless on the CC temporary site at £30 per night (and it's probably already fully booked).

You may also find that most local sites are already fully booked if you're looking at the weekend.

Keith.

Hawcara - 2013-10-09 8:47 PM

Nope, going to the Brussels show at the weekend, my Hymer dealer thinks he will be able to do better deal than the 16% discount he offered at Dusseldorf .

Being very nosey, who is your Hymer dealer and how much saving will you make? In other words, is it worth it, bearing in mind the current exchange rate?

We are not in the market to change at the moment, but it is certainly something we have talked about. :-D

For the spec we wanted works out £17000 less that UK list price, and he's talking about a better price.

There is only one Belgium dealer Campirama, We brought our current van from them.

I was at a Cathargo dealer in the Midlands at the weekend and was offered close to 10% discount (£76k down to £69k) on a number of their new C-Tourers. Oh, and a frighteningly good part ex, too.

Shame I found the lounge a bit tight and the table too big....a really well built van with a good bike sized garage. Will be looking at Hymer next week.

bolero boy - 2013-10-10 9:54 AM

I was at a Cathargo dealer in the Midlands at the weekend and was offered close to 10% discount (£76k down to £69k) on a number of their new C-Tourers. Oh, and a frighteningly good part ex, too.

Shame I found the lounge a bit tight and the table too big....a really well built van with a good bike sized garage. Will be looking at Hymer next week.

Presumably the Midlands Carthago dealership was Go European Motorhomes?

http://www.goeuropean.co.uk/

Keithl - 2013-10-09 9:44 PM

No, unless on the CC temporary site at £30 per night (and it's probably already fully booked).

You may also find that most local sites are already fully booked if you're looking at the weekend.

Keith.

£30

Why do they give this concession to the Caravan Club?

I drive a motorhome

I am self sufficient for electricity

I carry 100 litres of water.

I have a Cassette toilet

I have a fridge for beer/wine

I have a tv/dvd for entertainment.

I don't need anything they offer ,other than a parking spot overnight

I think a tenner would be a fairer price,I don't mind if I am segregated from the tuggers.

bolero boy - 2013-10-10 9:54 AM

I take it you are talking about Premier, saw them at Düsseldorf, are you talking about a 2014 model with super pack & TV pack (most are supplied in that spec), best deal at Düsseldorf was 5% from a Belgium dealer Premier were about 2½ grand dearer my mate did a deal with them after they chucked in the satellite package making it about the same price. Just under 73k for a 142QB, that's about 16k more than I can get an Exsis with the spec I want. I still prefer the Cathago quality but at 16k more!

gocro - 2013-10-10 11:45 AM

Keithl - 2013-10-09 9:44 PM

Keith.

£30

Why do they give this concession to the Caravan Club?

I drive a motorhome

I am self sufficient for electricity

I carry 100 litres of water.

I have a Cassette toilet

I have a fridge for beer/wine

I have a tv/dvd for entertainment.

I don't need anything they offer ,other than a parking spot overnight

I think a tenner would be a fairer price,I don't mind if I am segregated from the tuggers.

Here, here not at £30 a night!

David

Rip off Britain again, Düsseldorf charge €12 to park during the day and it's free to park overnight also get free servicing & free entertainment.

The Friday evening we arrived there was a Pink Floyd concert on at the arena so we had to wait 2 hours to get in so they did not charge us for the weekend, can't see that happening in the UK.

Edit:

My trip to the Brussels show even cheaper, Airmiles for Eurostar, Priority club points for hotel total cost £0.00.

Archived