Travel insurance

hymer1942

I have always used "Insure and Go" but when this topic last came up on the forum it was stated that the best value is from "L & V". I looked up their web site and they do indeed give better rates than my current policy and so I will shift to them next time. Moreover, they will insure you for 90 days in a single trip in an annual policy up to the age of 80!

Ok, we are in the process of renewal.

Last year aged 71, my husband and I (aged 55) used CCC. This allows you maximum 180 days away during the year and a maximum of each trip being 90 days so you would have to count up the days you want and see if it is suitable.

This year for our 116 day tour of Europe we had to go with Staysure which covers you for up to 6 months for one trip. (Referred to as Long Stay Insurance)

Currently, I am renewing our home insurance and therefore have the opportunity to use Comfort Home insurance for motorhomers which allows you to then take out annual multi trip insurance of 90, 120 or 180 day trips at a time. The quote for the house insurance is currently £40 more than CCC (yes they do house insurance allowing you 180 days away per year) and the basic cost for the 120 day travel insurance was quoted as £169.79. We have received a form to complete for medical problems so goodness knows what the final bill will be. Will update you when informed.

Comfort seem to be the only firm that gives you annual insurance to travel as and when you want within your set allocated days away( 90,120,180). we could take several holidays a year now :-D

Guest JudgeMental
Currently with staysure and have been for a few years,asnot many wanted to know with my health issues..... Recently changed home/content to L&V and it was less than half what we normally pay, was really surprised! They are strict on locks and use of alarm system use.will give them ago for next quote

Archived