Pont de L, Arche

Mickt

The aire at Pont de l'Arche is frequently over full. Only 4 m/h are allowed but in early September I counted 12. I would not like to be parked there when the police visit! A few years' ago I was parked quite legally and unceremoniously requested to leave at about 9am. Actually I couldn't as I had an unexplained flat tyre which still remains a mystery.

On the other hand, the campsite is a very pleasant place to stay and quite cheap. It now has barriers, which are a mixed blessing I find, as you can no longer turn up any time of day, pitch and then pay later. Unfortunately it is not open all year for fear of flooding.

The aire at Pont de l'Arche is frequently over full. Only 4 m/h are allowed but in early September I counted 12. I would not like to be parked there when the police visit! A few years' ago I was parked quite legally and unceremoniously requested to leave at about 9am. Actually I couldn't as I had an unexplained flat tyre which still remains a mystery.

On the other hand, the campsite is a very pleasant place to stay and quite cheap. It now has barriers, which are a mixed blessing I find, as you can no longer turn up any time of day, pitch and then pay later. Unfortunately it is not open all year for fear of flooding.

the Aire at

Latitude : 49.337971

Longitude : 1.091850

Town/Suburb/City : Oissel

Used to be a good alternative but has now been reduced to 2 yes two places.

This year I stayed there for a night. A man and mad woman who live at number 11 opposite the aire come over and were generally unpleasant. The said mad woman was ranting and taking photos, when I retaliated by taking a few photos of her she flew at me and attempted to grab my camera! She knocked the cup of coffee out of our British neighbours hand and informed us she could not be sure not to bump into our van when reversing out in the morning!

An unpleasant pair who have obviously decided on a plan to drive any campers away for good. It looks like they are winning!

Stay there at your peril >:-)

H

Sorry to hear of your unpleasant encounter with the locals. However, it looks as if the overcrowding (against the stated capacity) has really angered people. Of the 10 or 12 m/homes I witnessed there in September (and last year too) they were mostly of French origin, not British, but no doubt there were a few British flouting the rules. That said I would have thought that the shop owners would have been glad of the trade as many businesses have closed over the last few years.

It is the campsite that I am interested in, not the aire. I will try to find a telephone number and give them a call re closing date.

I should have said Patricia, there were two motorhomes for the night and only two allocated spaces .

The problem seemed to be that they (the mad French woman) liked to park her car in the campingcar bay during the day!

I have written to the Marie, I will post what reply I get (if any).

H

Archived