Nec anybody already been ?

the general

Didn't see any La Strada, though very comprehensive range of Globecars. It's possible that I missed a few.

Very good show with a pretty comprehensive range of motorhomes. Best I've been to in this country and well worth the entrance fee (only £5 yesterday). Suffering from aching legs this morning!

Peter

We went today. La Strada do not have have a stand but there are oodles of other vans. There are more panel vans than I've seen at any show. It seems as though many manufacturers of all types of vans are showcasing their full ranges. The panel vans are in various halls (depending on where the manufacturer has its stand) but many makes are represented in Hall 11.

Our daughter who works at various shows at NEC ( not just Motorhome and Caravan) reckons it is the biggest show of any type at which she has worked. Halls in use are 6-12 and 17-20.

Went today and thought it a good show. Seemed to be quite a good range of vans.

Interested to see the IH panel van with a slide out - not sure if anyone else does that yet - but it was extremely expensive.

Murvi had an interesting new outside locker at the back of their new Morello XL - full size locker inside the back door.

Very lucky to have parked in N3 car park which is only 5 minutes walk to the halls - no shuttle bus required.

Yes I was impressed with the selection, IH slide out had a queue waiting for a detailed look but is it a practical option? I was most interested in the VANTAGE range still like their rear lounge layout thou, rather than theirFLalso they seem to have changed their pricing structure and you can tell they are quality build. Globecar also well presented too even if the salesman was a bit pushy ? £10 entrance fee reasonable for what was there.

Worthwhile (if tiring) day at the NEC, back in again tomorrow for a closer look at a few stands we identified today.

Very "British" feel, with far more caravans than motorhomes, but great selection of the latter nevertheless.

Accessory shops, and random "gimmick" stands, at least as interesting - all those things you never thought of needing until you saw that helpful chap/lady demonstrate them!

Now chilling out on Britstop B403, The Golden Cross, where we'vve booked a meal for later.

nuevoboy - 2013-10-17 11:49 PMWent on Tuesday and Wednesday.We did view the RS, Kelly, and were only disappointed by the width of the settees.(measured at a bare 4 foot, compared to our Nuevo's 4ft 6"). -)[/
QUOTE]
I must admit the 4' bed is a bit cosy having spent over 80 nights away in France this summer we could not fault the layout or the motorhome , if I wanted to be picky I feel if it was another foot longer adding 6' to the bed and 6' to the washroom it would make a perfect good all round motorhome .This being our 4th motorhome its the one with more than enough storage space .

We first saw this van many months ago and really liked it apart from the fact that you have to make the bed up which we have now got away from, thank goodness (and I'm not interested in an over cab bed).

What a winner this would be with a drop down bed like Burstner, Chausson, Rapido, and now even Bailey (don't go there) do.

Come on UKPLC, lets get bang upto date cos our products have their own style, which some prefer over the Continentals, but we mustn't lag behind on technology or innovation.

nuevoboy - 2013-10-17 11:49 PM

Went on Tuesday and Wednesday.

We did view the RS, Kelly, and were only disappointed by the width of the settees.

(measured at a bare 4 foot, compared to our Nuevo's 4ft 6").

Much smitten by a Hymer B544, so only around another 50 grand to save.

*-)

Buy in Germany or Belgium then you will only have to find another 35 grand. :D

colin - 2013-10-19 8:13 PM

Not long back, those that went during week had it easy! apparently 10,000 peps per day, but today was about 25,000 8-) , the restaurants seemed to be struggling to cope.

Our daughter who was working at the show told us that 27000 tickets had been sold in advance for Saturday 19th!

Archived