CCC adopts Ryanair pricing model

Brians dad

30 days notice is ridiculous. As motorcaravanners we tend to book a few sites for a holiday. But the C & CC charge £25 deposit per site.

So if you have to cancel under 30 days it is going to prove very expensive.

Many of us are in the "older" age groups which unfortunately often brings more medical problems.

And this can mean short notice appointments.

A couple of years ago a C & CC holiday site manager said to me that he was gald to be retiring.

He said that he thought the Club had lost its friendly club image- it had just become money orientated.

I feel that unless the Club amends this new policy then they are going to lose a lot of members.

They need to have an immediate rethink. How sad that our enjoyable hobby is now coming to this.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
zeddykay - 2013-10-17 7:14 PM

PS . Why not use the chatterbox forum and leave the main thread free for useful comments?

I don't see any problem with a polite and interesting discussion on whatever topic, apart from the intolerance of a new contributor!

Perhaps I can offer you a tip?

Now that you know that you are not interested in this topic simply stop clicking onto it!!

Simples!!

So let me get this straight.

The new C&CC pricing policy means I would probably be better off going to a price comparison site to change my Gas and Electric supplier. 8-)

Life is just getting too complicated for me these days. *-)

747 - 2013-10-17 7:57 PM

The new C&CC pricing policy means I would probably be better off going to a price comparison site to change my Gas and Electric supplier. 8-)

Look at it this way. It just to goes to show we are all 'diversified' so must be acceptable to the thought police.

Guest 1footinthegrave
747 - 2013-10-17 7:57 PM

When British gas supply Electric, and Swalec supply gas life is indeed complicated. :D

Guest 1footinthegrave
zeddykay - 2013-10-17 8:47 PM

Not an unexpected response to any "new " member of this forum, sorry I mean closed shop club. Have you noticed how few new people dare to get involved?I won't waste my time any more and leave your select club to yourselves.

With every good wish

Perhaps your wording was at best ill advised, hence the response you got, I quote

What the hell have the latest posts to do with having a motorhome?

Your not by any chance related to one of our more vocal forum members are you ?

Not an unexpected response to any "new " member of this forum, sorry I mean closed shop club. Have you noticed how few new people dare to get involved?I won't waste my time any more and leave your select club to yourselves.

With every good wish

hi don,t leave this is a online forum where most of comments would not be said face to face, i i was attacked verbally by some of the senior poster, one of the a vicar, for disagreeing with andy "whats his name" about a review he gave of my local area. give as good as u get then have a glass of wine or 2

bigal55 - 2013-10-17 9:59 PM

hi don,t leave this is a online forum where most of comments would not be said face to face, i i was attacked verbally by some of the senior poster,

Hi bigal55

PLEASE don't refer to anyone on here as a " senior poster " or they are likely to become even more obnoxious.

There are just forum members - and as far as I'm concerned, the more views we hear the better.

;-)

With every good wish

hi i'm a new member too, a lot of it is banter so dont take it to heart,i join in regularly and find it a lively and interesting forum *-)

Yeah, don't run away from the bullies, hang about and wind them up ..... like wot I do. :D

Anyway, they will all be gone soon. The Inter Galactic War is over now and they can return to their own Planet. :D

ps Watch out for Klingons on Uranus on your way home boys. ;-)

Guest 1footinthegrave
Who the hell are the bullies, and what the hell do these comments have to do with motorhomes, save that for chatterbox >:-) :D

As far as I am concerned I have been paying taxes since 1966 and the concessions from Government agencies are payback,especially as I can't claim for meals,houses and 'secretarys'!

With regards to membership fees of the clubs,we do not receive any benefits as you would in a normal club unless of course you treat insurance 'deals' and 'cheap' credit cards as benefits,we certainly do not derive any benefit from using club sites.

I prefer to use small CL and CS type sites knowing that my fees are going towards the site owner and not to some bloated 'suit; down South!

1footinthegrave - 2013-10-17 3:53 PM

Dave225 - 2013-10-17 3:09 PM

1footinthegrave - 2013-10-17 12:17 PM

Tracker - 2013-10-17 11:19 AM

1footinthegrave - 2013-10-17 11:11 AM

Anticipated hijack or not, it's all in the same territory, it's all designed to fleece the end user, and make life over complicated, I'll get candles when at home, and stick to French Aires over the water.. ;-)

Ignoring Roger's rants - well he is from Wiltshire after all - all you need to do on the USwitch website Mike is to enter the supplier and tariff you are already on together with your anticipated annual spend/usage and let their computer work out whether you could do better.

Mind you it is not infallible so do check the actual rates on offer prior to committing to switch!

Simples enough for even me to use!!

Well as I said earlier as I'm on an online tariff and cannot ( nor can the Scottisj power call centre ) access my details to find out exactly which one I'll have to leave it till later on, but I will give it a go, thanks.

No disrespect but I assume you do get an invoice every now and then. This will clearly show what you are currently paying. Web sites will only show the current payment rates, you may be on an older one which is still running.

The other suggestion before you start shopping around is to find out exactly what your new costs will be as these may not be the same as what is indicated by media etc. Plus comparison websites show a number of costs but again these are based on the 'official' numbers and you may do better yourself. Plus the figures shown may change quick enough after you have signed up. Making 1 step forward to go 2 back is not always the answer.

No I'm on the new kid on the block, paperless billing. all by email, or online ;-) just a pity both their website, and call centre systems have crashed. 8-)

Personally having had a mooch around the savings are not that great, think I'll keep my blood pressure low and forget it. ;-)

So your last email invoice was probably a pdf file and is on your computer somewhere.. I believe most Companies send these out 2 times per year.

Guest 1footinthegrave
I have the option to login to my account and download or print off directly from the website, but I have just found the last one I did print off and I'm on the online21 tariff, now I just need some time to compare the other 92 tariffs they list, or blow my brains out, the latter idea seems much more attractive........as someone said " the illusion of choice" what a load of...................

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2013-10-17 10:38 PM

bigal55 - 2013-10-17 9:59 PM

hi don,t leave this is a online forum where most of comments would not be said face to face, i i was attacked verbally by some of the senior poster,

Hi bigal55

PLEASE don't refer to anyone on here as a " senior poster " or they are likely to become even more obnoxious.

There are just forum members - and as far as I'm concerned, the more views we hear the better.

;-)

I'm beginning to wonder if having a contrary view.............is the new form of bullying? :-S..............

I blame PC Brigade of the thought police.....................he needs a dam good kicking >:-)

If we could get back to the original post of new C&CC charges, having just received my copy of the new 'Your Place in the Country' and the new prices insert card, can anyone tell me where to find Camping in the Forest prices. I can't find details anywhere or am I missing something?

paulmold - 2013-10-19 11:41 AM

If we could get back to the original post of new C&CC charges, having just received my copy of the new 'Your Place in the Country' and the new prices insert card, can anyone tell me where to find Camping in the Forest prices. I can't find details anywhere or am I missing something?

Paul, I usually get them from the net, campingintheforest.co.uk I think, although the one thing I remember about them was that they were very high at certain times of the year almost to the point of being prohibitive.

Remember that prices are the same (from memory :-o for a tent, a caravan or a MH and that you get no EHU at most, although we wouldn't need it.

Robinhood - 2013-10-16 9:16 PM

....my suspicion is that the wording applies to those people whose cards currently do not carry the "age concession" wording, and will be at least 55 by 21st July 2014.

From my experience, it was always the practice to get the (existing, non-endorsed) card stamped on first use after age 55. The stamping was recorded and notified to head office, and subsequent cards were issued with the concession recorded (printed) on them (at least mine have been).

If you get a card stamped/endorsed before July 2014, I would expect subsequent cards on renewal to be issued with the endorsement.

I may, of course, be wrong. ;-)

After talking to C&CC staff at NEC I've had to fill in a request to head office to get it sorted, at first they told me it would be automatically updated, so I showed them my last two cards which hadn't been. They also believe that any new member joining after 1st jan will not get age concession until 60, but an existing should get it if they are 55 before july2014, but once again this has had to go off for verification.

bolero boy - 2013-10-19 6:02 PM

paulmold - 2013-10-19 11:41 AM

Paul, I usually get them from the net, campingintheforest.co.uk I think, although the one thing I remember about them was that they were very high at certain times of the year almost to the point of being prohibitive.

Remember that prices are the same (from memory :-o for a tent, a caravan or a MH and that you get no EHU at most, although we wouldn't need it.

Had email from the club this week in response to my query about prices of Forest sites. The response is 'prices for Forest sites have not yet been finalised and should be available by mid-January', that's good innit!! so the book was published before actually being ready.

Archived