Ducato wiper blades

bolero boy

I want to replace the blades on my 2010 Ducato, not the whole units just the blades. They are easy to slide out and should be reasonably cheap......

Has anyone done this before and have a reliable supplier?

I've looked on the net, ebay etc but often the description says that they are not suitable for 'aero' blades which is what the Ducato ones are, I think.

Thanks.

Don't bother replacing the blades, replacement blades that are distributed through the trade are cheap and nasty for the cheapskates. Buy a decent pair of Aero Blades the type fitted to new vans & cars. Even the quality of these vary, Evolution is a good brand, you will be amazed at the difference in performance.

Good blades use a softer rubber so do not leave then sitting stationary on the screen for long periods as it will shorten their life considerably - they stick to the screen and the edge gets damaged when used. If not using the van give the screen a wash & wipe with the blades once a week.

lennyhb - 2013-10-22 10:03 AM

Good blades use a softer rubber so do not leave then sitting stationary on the screen for long periods as it will shorten their life considerably - they stick to the screen and the edge gets damaged when used. If not using the van give the screen a wash & wipe with the blades once a week.

When my van is not in use for a while I put corks under the wiper arms so that the blades are lifted just off the screen. My wipers now last much longer.

malc d - 2013-10-22 11:36 AM

lennyhb - 2013-10-22 10:03 AM

When my van is not in use for a while I put corks under the wiper arms so that the blades are lifted just off the screen. My wipers now last much longer.

Good tip

Will85 - 2013-10-22 12:12 PM

Malc, did the same, great idea

I actually found it better to stick two corks together to support each wiper blade - shave a bit off the sides of each first - then stick 'em together with instant glue. Never been blown away yet.

Mine have lasted at least 5 years so far !

;-)

Archived