Benidorm is shutting 27% of hotels etc closing for winter

sshortcircuit

JudgeMental - 2013-10-28 2:04 PM

A few shots from yesterday...

Yep that's the place I remember, loads of lovely tower blocks with a few distant hills, are you serious with the other pictures, these are enough to put anyone off, like your lunch though. I realise you have only just discovered Spain Eddie and everything you do is the only way but do you have to issue abuse every time someone disagrees with you. My opinions are just that AN OPINION, why can you not accept this. If you do not agree is a well reasoned argument beyond you, it would certainly seem so. You continue to spout about Spain while taking every opportunity to run down France and the UK, the only reason seems to be because you go to Spain. As far as I am concerned places like Benidorm come into the 'been their done that categorie. I do not like the place, so what, you are welcome to disagree but it does not make my opinion any less valid. I sit back and wait for the abusive answer.

I hope you enjoy it but you really need to look at the people who like it and the type of holidays they take. Benidorm has got worse over the years with even more tower blocks, best stay where you are.

Well it might if you can work out how to post it. How about one of you sitting in your deckchair with ice cream and knotted handkerchief in place.

Your words which appear to demean anybody that does not share your self opinionated view. Judge certainly has you summed up, as many others will

Guest pelmetman

Went to Benidorm for the first time this Feb in a hire car just to see what all the fuss is about :D..............Still too busy for my tastes, but given the choice of being there or in freezing cold Blighty 8-)...............

I know where I'd rather be B-)

JamesFrance - 2013-10-28 2:50 PM

The La Torreta website seems to have two different prices shown for over 30 days, 13.50€ and 15€. Does anyone know which is current as they may have left the rate from last year if you look from the English version.

http://www.campinglatorreta.com/EN/ofertas-invierno-camping-benidorm.html

Unfortunately I cannot find the price list at €13.5. My invoice shows price for 31 days @ €15 regrettably as €13.5 would have made a difference.

Thanks, it was in the link which for some strange reason doesn't work. If you delete the div bit after html it works and produces the prices but it must be out of date. It was 13.50 for the last two years and they have a lot of improvements since, so not unreasonable as it always used to be the same as El Raco,

I do have a recollection of €13.5 but unfortunately not to be. They have totally revamped the bar and do meals at €7 for a fixed 3 course menu. They had a flamenco show with meal last weekend and well over 100 present. Unfortunately it is so easy and cheap to eat out so there is a good bit competition.

The campsites in Benidorm are no different to the many others in Spain and you can enjoy yourself without going into the town which as I have said in the clubby area it is not to my taste, but as Judges photos show a typical Spanish town no different to many others.

Irrespective it has sun, mostly,

Well thanks. I really enjoyed my meal all fresh meat cooked in front of you to perfection. Went further down the road to one of the hotels and enjoyed good entertainment along with some local chat.

However, on the way home we passed a supermarket and the local poor are in the bins scavenging for scraps to feed their family and I am talking about 8>9 women with children. We have absolute prats on this forum who have no idea what life is about and need to come and get a touch of reality rather than look down their noses as after all we are all `Jock Thompson's bairns`

Guest JudgeMental

Happy belated B day SS! :-D

I have the price list somewhere but 15€ a night sounds about right but wifi is extra....I cycled around a few of the sites last week and Torreta? seems the nicest as no statics and has an open feel. I cycle everywhere so any site will do to be honest, most less than 5 mins from beach......

We are going to Marina shopping centre in Finnestrat today IF it rains....anyone know what bus goes there from the strip? I cycled over the finnistrat the other day looking for the beach which from pics looks lovely, but I got lost and ended up in Carrefour:-S

http://www.cclamarina.com/index.php?imAt=infoLocal

Back last night from 2 months in Benidorm. We had intended to go elsewhere but the weather was so fantastic we decided to stay longer than originally planned.

To me Benidorm is all things to all men. You can avoid the crowds, walk in the national park above the campsites,or take a short bus ride to the many towns, beaches and villages surrounding the resort all in the sun. But there is nothing wrong with those who prefer to enjoy the activities Benidorm has to offer even though I'm not a particular fan of the noisier elements of the resort's nightlife in particular. For me and many others we simply avoid the things we don't like.

Rupert clearly enjoys different holiday experiences but so do I but Benidorm is not my only holiday. But, while Rupert's views are his prerogative, I see no reason to demean those who enjoy Benidorm and, more importantly, make adverse judgements about their character.

Archived