Rear Panel on Autocruise Starburst

Grumpyman

I need to remove the rear panel that holds the lights and number plate. So as to make a repair and then respray. Any idea's as to how to remove this panel ? Had a look behind the light clusters but can't see whats holding the panel on.

Any suggestions would be most helpful.

Sorry, never had to take the rear panel off of my Starburst, but from memory it didn't look easy.

Do you mean the whole rear panel that surrounds the rear window ? or just the ABS panel that sorrounds the lights/number plate. ? only that looks easier to do. Ray

• 3 weeks later...
Grumpyman - 2013-10-26 1:40 PM

I need to remove the rear panel that holds the lights and number plate. So as to make a repair and then respray. Any idea's as to how to remove this panel ? Had a look behind the light clusters but can't see whats holding the panel on.

The Autocruise "Starburst" model was built on different chassis.

I believe your motorhome is a 2006 model but, as 2006 was the year in which a chassis change occurred, I'm not 100% certain which version you've got. However, I suspect you own the 'earlier' version that MMM magazine reported on in May 2006. The report can be viewed here http://tinyurl.com/3gnv5ey and includes a photo of the vehicle's rear panel (Page 147).

Coachbuilt motorhomes with sandwich-panel bodywork tend to be built from the inside out, with the rear panel being fitted last. It may be that the lower section of a Starburst's rear panel was attached to the upper section before the panel was fitted in one piece to the motorhome.

If there's no sign of fixings in the gas-locker and WC-cassette access-locker and/or if you look at the back of the panel from beneath the vehicle and no fixings are evident, there's a strong chance the lower part of the rear panel is not designed to be detached from the upper part.

Grumpyman - 2013-10-26 1:40 PM

Phone Peak leisure Vehicles on 01335 347898 and ask for Richard, he used to work for Autocruise before they were taken over by Swift. If anyone knows he will.

Archived