EU rules on vacuums and toilet flushes.

Guest 1footinthegrave

Guest 1footinthegrave

The folk with too much time on their hands are as busy as usual.( a bit like me )

New proposals to limit how much water you can use to flush your bog, and now proposed is the maximum wattage of vacuum cleaners, all apparently in the name of efficiency, pity they don't stop the nonsense of the European Parliament spending 180 million euros moving staff and paperwork between its Brussels and Strasbourg sites 12 times a year, mind you it's probably a nice day out with all expenses paid ;-)

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2013-11-03 6:04 PM

Toilet flushes , ya talk crap 1foot .

But it's not dog crap ;-).......................progress eh? (lol) (lol)

Sorry Mike couldn't resist :D

pelmetman - 2013-11-03 6:09 PM

Dog droppings are becoming less of a problem around these parts as more curry houses open .

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2013-11-03 6:18 PM

Dog droppings are becoming less of a problem around these parts as more curry houses open .

I'd like to think you were joking 8-)............. :D

pelmetman - 2013-11-03 6:28 PM

antony1969 - 2013-11-03 6:18 PM

I'd like to think you were joking 8-)............. :D

No joke Dave , the dog warden around here has a night job at Mumtaz restaurant . Call me thick but I just dont trust him .

1footinthegrave - 2013-11-03 5:50 PM

The folk with too much time on their hands are as busy as usual.( a bit like me )

New proposals to limit how much water you can use to flush your bog, and now proposed is the maximum wattage of vacuum cleaners, all apparently in the name of efficiency, pity they don't stop the nonsense of the European Parliament spending 180 million euros moving staff and paperwork between its Brussels and Strasbourg sites 12 times a year, mind you it's probably a nice day out with all expenses paid ;-)

I does underline the monumental stupidity of the EU when such badly thought out proposals are put forward that will have little benefit for the consumer but a huge negative impact on manufacturing in the EU.

And all this whilst the Governing body that is the EU up-sticks and moves every 6 months at a truly staggering cost 8-)

As for the restriction on the wattage of vacuum cleaners - I suspect that they can be "chipped" so that they give more power. I can see a new black market in "Hoover-Tuning" evolving (lol) (lol) (lol)

And another EU ruling. Ref. The British Penny.

EU Directive 456174.

In order to bring about further European integration with the Single European Currency, all Citizens of The United Kingdom and Northern Ireland must be made aware that the phrase 'Spending a Penny' is not to be used after December 2013....

From this date onward, The correct Terminology will be: 'Euro-Nating'.

Thank you for your attention.

(I think they are taking the pi$$)

Guess what there are actual proposals that relate to both toilets and vacuum cleaners, but if you read  the proposals rather than the daily Hail you will see that there is actually quite a lot of sense in what is still being discussed

http://blogs.ec.europa.eu/ECintheUK/media-reporting-on-vacuum-cleaners-don%E2%80%99t-get-sucked-in/

http://blogs.ec.europa.eu/ECintheUK/eco-labels-for-loos-stopping-cash-going-down-the-toilet/

Guest 1footinthegrave

They just need to educate people about replacing the hepa filters, emptying the dust bag, and unblocking the pipework, many a vacuum would then work effeciently, perhaps the EU will appoint vacuum inspectors to ensure these routine tasks ignored by the many are carried out. ;-)

Perhaps also a move to ban pets from homes would help as well, that would cut down on a lot of vacuum use as well, probably enough energy saved to run the underground ;-)

Archived