Naming your MH!

candapack

Some of you, I know, give your pride and joy an identity by christening it (or him, or her, sorry!). And some display that name somewhere on the 'van - which might be a subconscious remembering of when your mum sowed name tags into your school clothes. Nothing wrong with that.

So, given the way many MH's are acquired, and also because I liked it, could the owners of "THE LUMP SUM" identify themselves please. (It's a while since I saw it, hope it's still around).

PS - I liked it, but anyone under about 50 yrs old could be forgiven for torching it on sight in a fit of extreme bitterness.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tony Jones - 2013-11-04 10:21 PM

If the idea of naming vans for where the money came from really caught on, we'd have to rename ours "RIP Uncle Fred!"

Think he'd rather we didn't, so we'll stick with "Roxie."

Good point, I'd overlooked that source of funding. (But he might have appreciated "Thanks Uncle Fred")

We once called an Arto 'Annabelle' and had the name printed in vinyl across the engine panel. Even some of the staff at Hymer UK in Preston would call her Annabelle. She was named by the children. The replacement and also our current van are not named although we are thinking of getting a phrase, translating it into German and putting it on the rear of the van with 'www.' at the start!

Canal boats are named and you can now get some good quality and relatively cheap vinyl graphic names from suppliers to this hobby.

I suppose we could all name our motorhomes 'Van' followed by our surname. 'Van Robinson' sounds good to me but that may be because I like Van Morrison.

Brock - 2013-11-05 10:23 AM

I suppose we could all name our motorhomes 'Van' followed by our surname. 'Van Robinson' sounds good to me but that may be because I like Van Morrison.

And we could establish an onsite pecking order..............Van Waitrose, VanSainsbury, VanAsda.................Van Aldi?

No thanks. I refer to ours as "The Walrus" because the time had come, but wouldn't plaster it on the van!

regards

alan b

Guest pelmetman

I like Randy Vanwarmer :D

pelmetman - 2013-11-05 11:57 AM

Thats not what your call sign says.....(and, yes, i have deciphered it!) lol.

snowie - 2013-11-05 10:35 AM

And we could establish an onsite pecking order..............Van Waitrose, VanSainsbury, VanAsda.................Van Aldi?

No thanks. I refer to ours as "The Walrus" because the time had come, but wouldn't plaster it on the van!

regards

alan b

I suppose a MH that caused a lot of problems might be ....Van Damn! (Jean-Claude of course).

pelmetman - 2013-11-05 11:57 AM

Never met him, but sounds like my OH might take to him!

If you had a nasty habit of smashing into things in it, it could be Van Dal !!!

Or like Indian food then Van Dahl !!!!

Or remote islands then Van Ish !!!

.... or

going on long and exciting journeys ... Van Quest!!!

or searching for the wonder place tht is supposed to be Van Halla !!!!

:D

All SKY vans around here have a name above the windscreen incorporating the word 'Van' Van Helsing, Rip Van Winkle, Van Der Valk, e'Van Almighty etc.

Oul last Van was Valerie the Valencia, this one if Bertha (as in 6 bertha)

We also have a knight-rider style Trans Am called E.A.R.T.H.A (not K.I.T.T.).... and a small classic French convertible called Edith (as in piaf)

When I had a Jag, the Sat Nav was called Purdy. but I really want one voiced by Moira Stewart!

As you may have already guessed ours is always called " Corky ", My Dad,s Nickname, I have a rear number Plate (yellow) with it on and two suction cups hold it to the bottom  inside of the windscreen, so although in name alone he is with us on our Treks.

Archived