Waving

Charlie boy

flicka - 2013-11-05 11:17 PM

I could have done with a cardboard cut-out on a springy base...

These have been available from Amazon in the past

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Waving-Reflector-Hand-HELLO-Decoration/dp/B004KEZW2S

and they can be ordered (minimum 50) as a promotional product

http://www.sourcingplanet.co.uk/products/145801.aspx

Perhaps Warners could offer a 'hand' as an encouragement to subscribe to MMM or Which Motorhome?

Archiesgrandad - 2013-11-09 5:18 PM

We always wave to other A class owners, will generally respond to coachbuilts who wave to us, but we ignore PVC drivers.

AGD

We ignore the 'A Class' owners but wave at everybody else, Horseboxes, Double Glazing Vans, small tourist coaches, even the odd Hearse (they didn't wave back..the snobs). I didn't know it was a 'class' thing, The main reason more people don't buy A-class vans is the horrendous cost of new windscreens (££££'s)

And I like a door both sides in the cab. a Wavering Waver. Ray

I'm new to this MH lark, but having been an avid biker for years this topic makes me LOL. We have the same type of questions going round in the biker community. I suppose the easy answer is some will and some won't.

I will wave but I have to say the small trips I have done sofar I don't get many back. Maybe I have just waved at the snobs (harley owners of the MH world (lol) . My van is an 88 Transit Autohomes Travelhome, bit of a jalloppy but I must say my son and wife have done a sterling job inside. We will get to the outside later on.

Guest pelmetman
Slainte - 2013-11-10 11:29 PM

My van is an 88 Transit Autohomes Travelhome, bit of a jalloppy but I must say my son and wife have done a sterling job inside. We will get to the outside later on.

A van for the connoisseur if I may say B-)..........

As a biker and he a Triker we are used to the waving lark however on our first trip together in a mh last month (sorry guys, it was hired, but we ARE buying our own! lol) it became a bit of a game seeing who'd wave back.... I know! sorry if you were the unfortunate driver who encountered two madly waving folk in a van worthy of Easy Jet with its bright orange hire details everywhere!! (lol)

when we had a coachbuilt we found other coachbuilts waved, but never a Class - do they think they are better than coachbuilts and don't need to wave.  We would wave at van conversions if we recognised them in time, but now that we're in a van conversion we're very happy to be ignored.

In general we find that out of season or on quiet out of the way roads in both UK and France people wave - but not  A Class.

Archived