Restringing loungers

Bojitoes

Hi all

We were at the NEC the other week looking for a couple of recliners. We spoke to man on the Towsure or similar stand and he said that we could probably get our present ones restrung or rethreaded but did not have the names of any companies who do it with him. We need new elastic thread to tie the panels to the frame as the thread has broken in a couple of places- probably due to an excess of either paella or strudel!

So if anyone knows of a company who do such a thing, preferably in the Midlands, it would be much appreciated

Thanks

Bob

My 10year old crespo recliner was showing its age,lot of use,plus I weigh 19 stone plus, I bought a new,very heavy duty , extra wide, Kampa recliner,guaranteed to carry my weight, for only £36.00 at recent NEC show. I am sure if you shop around you might find one, is it worth restringing?

I have used the services of this site, next day delivery if you phone early enough

http://www.uktarps.com/bungee/bungee-cord

Rgds

PS Word of warning, Re-thread one side before taking of the other sides old bungee cord. Luckily we had two loungers that I could copy the threading from when I made the fatal mistake of taking the seat out completely !

We purchased Lafuma loungers in May this year and so far have had to "restring" them twice. The cords rub on the metal and gradually wear out. The replacements seem in short supply currently, as one supplier could not fulfil our order before we left the U.K. in September for six months. Lafuma gave us the first replacements free, but advised that no other replacements would be forthcoming.

You can get Lafuma elastic strings at virtually any caravan dealer in Europe-very popular even in Eastern Europe-Czech, Hungary, Slovenia etc etc.

I have re-strung ours this year-absolute doddle, takes about 10 minutes to do but as stated above, leave one side in while you do the other-keeps it taught and in place for lacing plus it's easy to copy

Mike

Archived