Vehicle tracking system

KIMU122

Hi Try Van Bitz - they do at least two different types. When you have details check with insurance company they accept the type you choose. I found them very efficient + they fitted mine on a Saturday morning at no extra charge - can't beat that. Peter

I recommend RAC Trackstar+ which meets CaravanGuard's requirements. It is £330 fitted (www.fonejunkie.com) and you can then pay monthly or annual or lifetime subscription. For European cover you have to have a further subscription ... there's no lifetime option on this, but there is one for 4 years. Although this all adds up you should get quite a sizeable reduction on your insurance premium as well as some peace-of-mind. Ours was fitted at our house. Don't forget to call the Control Centre before boarding the Channel ferry! www.ractrackstar.com.

[QUOTE]KIMU122 - 2006-08-22 2:50 PM Just applied for insurance and have been told that need a vehicle tracking system to bring down the premium. Anybody out there recommend a system please. Thanks in anticipation Mr Bev[/QUOTE]

I'd suggest you also try other insurers - unless you already have and have got to the one you like best!  Trackers aren't cheap, and most have some kind of annual, or lifetime, subscription cost.  A lower premium from elsewhere might offer a better saving overall.

You also need to get one from a reliable firm, who are likely to be in business for the longer term.  You don't want them to cease trading shortly after you've signed up, causing you to incur the start up costs all over again.

You'd need quite a discount on your premium for the payback time to be reasonable.  Worth sharpening your pencil for?

Have you seen the one from Vancomfort, costs £79 with no ongoing costs unless you need to locate at which time its a mobile call cost. They seem to work as well as any of the others I've seen. Not sure if insureres approve never had to bother and certainly wouldn't to get the minor premium reduction. Bas.

Archived