MHing - where size REALLY DOES matter

candapack

My wife is 5'10",( taller than me). Yesterday, she tried lying out flat in various PVC beds.

Result, she says there is no way she could sleep comfortably in any PVC transverse bed. (except alone where she could go diagonal).

5'10" is not particularly tall. There must be loads of you much taller than that and with PVC's - how do you cope?

Guest JudgeMental
I'm 5.10 also....Adria Twin SP transverse bed is king size @ 6.6 x 5....you cant touch the ceiling when lying down..its very airy. up for sale next week :-D

Tracker - 2013-11-12 6:27 PM

Buy one with longer beds like what we did - and as a bonus you get a very comfortable eating area and very comfortable feet up lounging to read or stroke the one eyed monster!

Agreed. :D

Tracker - 2013-11-12 7:09 PM

Single beds mostly but double sometimes when the need arises or the mood demands!

And very soft and comfortable they are too, especially with the implants.

:$ :$ :$

peter - 2013-11-12 7:15 PM

Single beds mostly but double sometimes when the need arises or the mood demands!

Talking of implants - you do look a bit of a tit in your nice blue shirt - get the wife to buy you an iron for Christmas!

Personally everything works naturally for us without the need for any assistance - though for how much longer remains to be seen!

Hmmm!. Not sure this thread is going in the right direction. Really hope the one eyed monster is just a telly.

Anyhoo, A/S have the Warwick bed width at 6'2" - but manufacturer data so pinch of salt applied. The Judge (is that Eddie, I get confused) has his Adria bed width at 6'6". Both use effectively the same base vehicle so where does 4" come/go (and steady with the replies please).

OH may be 5'10", but she hates if head/feet touch either end, so minimum 6'2" width necessary.

candapack - 2013-11-12 6:51 PM

The Warwick Duo - are you using singles or a double?

The Adria - 6'6", which I assume is the width, seems wider than what OH saw, but base vehicle the same? - And sorry, not in market just now but would be interested in what you are looking to replace with.

Not all transverse beds in an x2/50 are the same, it depends on the height of the bed, the Twin has the bed at optimum height to get max size with best headroom, so have a look at one first before writing of transverse beds, if still no luck and wanting a fixed bed look at a Globecar 636sb like ours which has an even bigger longitudinal bed, or some of the more recent copies.

Guest JudgeMental

The Adria - 6'6", which I assume is the width, seems wider than what OH saw, but base vehicle the same? - And sorry, not in market just now but would be interested in what you are looking to replace with.

6.6 is the length of the transverse bed across the back. all Fiat/peugeot/citroen vans are same width 2050 I think, 3 lengths, 5.4/6.0/6.36

probably going a bit up market, La Strada,Westfalia or maybe a Possl as they have some interesting new vans and prices more down to earth

ignore the idiot above who just loves stirring....when I bought the adria it was a compromise between usability and size, and a decision was made on what was available at that time, many new models out since..... I have one new e bike arriving next week, and another on order for 2014...a combined value of over 6K, I'm reluctant to have them hanging on a bike rack....the main reason to change. I may even stay with adria and get the very clever busbiker swing out bike rack..

going to Essen show in late Feb to see what's around....decisions decisions :-D

Tracker - 2013-11-12 7:20 PM

peter - 2013-11-12 7:15 PM

Talking of implants - you do look a bit of a tit in your nice blue shirt - get the wife to buy you an iron for Christmas!

Personally everything works naturally for us without the need for any assistance - though for how much longer remains to be seen!

Women love a man to look a bit rough and ready, Richard. :D

colin - 2013-11-12 7:45 PM

Not all transverse beds in an x2/50 are the same, it depends on the height of the bed, the Twin has the bed at optimum height to get max size with best headroom, so have a look at one first before writing of transverse beds, if still no luck and wanting a fixed bed look at a Globecar 636sb like ours which has an even bigger longitudinal bed, or some of the more recent copies.

Thanks Colin - I was beginning to despair of a sensible reply. (You'd think grown men would behave better!) She was looking at 6m vans, the 636's have the option of good length singles.

When you talk about proper motorhomes instead hamster cages on wheels, you'll get proper replies.

Not really Eddie. Just trying to inject a bit of humour into an exceedingly boring thread. :D

candapack - 2013-11-12 7:56 PM

colin - 2013-11-12 7:45 PM

Thanks Colin - I was beginning to despair of a sensible reply. (You'd think grown men would behave better!) She was looking at 6m vans, the 636's have the option of good length singles.

A good length is absolutely essential, don't you think?.

peter - 2013-11-12 8:01 PM

When you talk about proper motorhomes instead hamster cages on wheels, you'll get proper replies.

Not really Eddie. Just trying to inject a bit of humour into an exceedingly boring thread. :D

Perhaps if you tried just a wee bit harder, you might succeed :D

Tracker - 2013-11-12 6:27 PM

Buy one with longer beds like what we did - and as a bonus you get a very comfortable eating area and very comfortable feet up lounging to read or watch the one eyed monster!

... is that when you 'watch' the one eyed monster .....

:$ :D

Mel B - 2013-11-12 9:40 PM

. is that when you 'watch' the one eyed monster .....

Of course, being the lady you are, you do mean the one eyed monster of the TV, don't you Mel, in which case when there is nothing much else to do we do in fact both partake in a little one eyed monster watching!!

Rear bed size from new Poessl website rear transverse bed model

Heckbett (L x B): ca. 1.960 x 1.450/1.350 mm;

Thats 6"5' x 4'9"/4'5" (this makes for quite a large rear bed)

Best to try one out together.

Transverse bed big enough for the majority of couples, in this van (6.36m) you get a larger lounge too.

Changing to longitudinal fixed singles gives larger double, if required, bed but (IMHO) employs the standard, compromised dinette.

Longitudinal singles, or large double, made up from a lounge would be a no-no for us as we moved away from bed making many years ago, too much hassle.

The transverse bed with standard dinette can be achieved in a 6.0m van.

Try the bed and the lounge then choose what suits.

Archived