Slow,very slow & stop.

Rayjsj

Yes, I'm talking about this Forum's response lately, (is it just me ?) at times, especially when 'Certain programs' are on TV (strictly come whatsnames, or bake this or that celebrity) So, I'M not watching the 'one eyed monster', this forums slowwwws down and almost freezes. I suspect thats the reason for double,triple and even quinsies posts, when folk just keep hitting the 'Submit' key. anyway is it widespread or are GCHQ just targeting ME ! (cause I hate Strictly, and Like Badgers ??). Ray

Whoaa thats creepy, look how many posts I have made !! just a coincidence......

Evenings the Internets busiest time time, if you are on a standard domestic connect with a contention ratio of 50:1 if all 50 people are on line it will be a lot slower than during the the day when perhaps only a handful of people are sharing the same connection. Also in the evening the main pipelines will be running near capacity so it's hardly surprising.

Check the package you are on a lot of the older deals reduce the max speed of your connection at peak time this is more likely if you have not updated your package for a few years you will often find changing to a cheaper new package ill remove these restrictions.

I must admit this site gets noticeably slower in the evening compared to other sites perhaps they throttle back the connection speed in the evening or other traffic on their network has priority.

Rayjsj - 2013-11-18 9:18 PM

this forums slowwwws down and almost freezes. (cause I hate Strictly, and Like Badgers ??). Ray

It is because badgers only come out at night. I love to watch them in the garden on the CCTV cameras.

The cameras would never capture a burglar as they are now pointing towards the bottom of the garden - badger territory.

It's not unique to this forum. When I was working many years ago I used to get into work and log on to my bank to manage our funds. It was always slow because that was precisely what many other people were doing. Early evening is always a slow time because so k,any people tend to have a meal then log on to the Internet.

Talking about slow our village now has high speed Internet available by fibre. Only problem is that the only way one can access this is to change over to very expensive BT packages. Other providers do not have access to this facility. To add to that ever since it has become available our service has deteriorate. My service regularly drops out at least once a day, which it never used to do, meaning I have to reset the box. I can't help but think BT are playing silly buggers hoping to persuade us to switch over to them. Presumedly they will only be able to do this for a fixed length of time before they are obliged to open the facility up to rival providers. I'm not that bothered because. I don't down load films etc so I'll just wait it out.

Archived