has anyone any further news

rudders

Assuming that you have the information, I see no reason why you shouldn't say

"On forum XXX it has been mentioned that dealership/manufacturer YYY may be holding emergency talks. Has anyone got any news on this? It seems that the thread on the other forum has been removed."

It's possible that someone on this forum who also participates on forum XXX can comment. Or that someone on this forum is aware of problems that dealership/manufacturer YYY might be having. But choosing not to identify either forum XXX or dealer/manufacturer YYY seriously reduces the value of your posting.

As it stands, your posting will provoke speculation and worry people. They probably should worry if they have any involvement with YYY and that company is having problems. Conversely, if what's been said on forum XXX is hogwash, there's no need for anyone to be concerned. But how will they know whether they should worry or not, based on the content of your posting?

If you are unhappy posting details identifying forum XXX or company YYY on this forum, PM me the information and I'll do it.

Derek Uzzell - 2013-11-23 7:56 AM

"On forum XXX it has been mentioned that dealership/manufacturer YYY may be holding emergency talks. Has anyone got any news on this? It seems that the thread on the other forum has been removed."

It's possible that someone on this forum who also participates on forum XXX can comment. Or that someone on this forum is aware of problems that dealership/manufacturer YYY might be having. But choosing not to identify either forum XXX or dealer/manufacturer YYY seriously reduces the value of your posting.

As it stands, your posting will provoke speculation and worry people. They probably should worry if they have any involvement with YYY and that company is having problems. Conversely, if what's been said on forum XXX is hogwash, there's no need for anyone to be concerned. But how will they know whether they should worry or not, based on the content of your posting?

If you are unhappy posting details identifying forum XXX or company YYY on this forum, PM me the information and I'll do it.

Send Message View Discussions

Much ado about nothing.

CaravanTalk was running a thread relating to major news about a large dealership or manufacturer. Emergency meetings were the words used. Now I know this has no relationship to Swift or its products however does anyone know anything about this. The CT thread was started by Reads caravans.

:)

and one reply,

Reading what there is left on CT, it would appear to be a dealer announcement

does this satisfy your needs, why do certain people on here persistently jump down other peoples throats

wheres that eject button!!

rudders - 2013-11-23 9:05 AM

Derek Uzzell - 2013-11-23 7:56 AM

Send Message View Discussions

Much ado about nothing.

CaravanTalk was running a thread relating to major news about a large dealership or manufacturer. Emergency meetings were the words used. Now I know this has no relationship to Swift or its products however does anyone know anything about this. The CT thread was started by Reads caravans.

:)

and one reply,

Reading what there is left on CT, it would appear to be a dealer announcement

does this satisfy your needs, why do certain people on here persistently jump down other peoples throats

wheres that eject button!!

incidently Derek last part of my message was not directed at your good self.

Guest JudgeMental

"I know a secret" Pathetic?

for anyone wondering what this bilge is actually about. Apparently....someone leaked some dealer/manufacturer info on another forum and thread pulled by mods..an announcement is due ..me? not holding my breath, as I cant stand idle gossip!

JudgeMental - 2013-11-23 10:10 AM

"I know a secret" Pathetic?

for anyone wondering what this bilge is actually about. Apparently....someone leaked some dealer/manufacturer info on another forum and thread pulled by mods..an announcement is due ..me? not holding my breath, as I cant stand idle gossip!

You a comedian now Eddie!!!!! ;-)

Personally I much prefer 'active' gossip!!!! :D

vindiboy - 2013-11-23 1:38 PM

Who cares if another dealer goes, whoever they are they could not have been much good, treat your customers  well and you will always have Customers and thrive, treat them with contempt , bad service ect. and they vote with their feet, and you go to the wall.

If only that simple homily were always true. Sadly, it falls into the same category as "you'll never go broke making a profit". IMO, there are not enough of us who are serial motorhome buyers, and of those who are, not enough troop back to the same dealer to buy again the same brand, that custimer satisfaction carries the weight that it ought.

In a price competetive market, which seems to me to be how most buy goods of all kinds, good firms can go to the wall simply because their customer service is above average. The present customers are indeed satisfied, but the better than average service costs money. If the man down the road spends less on service, but drops his prices, he is liable to get more customers. Ultimately, all other things being equal, this leaves the good dealer with two hard choices: price match and lower service, or go broke.

Beyond which, those most affected by the bankrupcy of "another dealer" will be those who have just bought, or paid deposits on, vans. Not so rosy for them.

Guest Peter James
Brian Kirby - 2013-11-23 2:55 PM

, there are not enough of us who are serial motorhome buyers, and of those who are, not enough troop back to the same dealer to buy again the same brand, that custimer satisfaction carries the weight that it ought.

In a price competetive market, which seems to me to be how most buy goods of all kinds, good firms can go to the wall simply because their customer service is above average. The present customers are indeed satisfied, but the better than average service costs money. If the man down the road spends less on service, but drops his prices, he is liable to get more customers. Ultimately, all other things being equal, this leaves the good dealer with two hard choices: price match and lower service, or go broke.

Beyond which, those most affected by the bankrupcy of "another dealer" will be those who have just bought, or paid deposits on, vans. Not so rosy for them.

Sad but true.

Having spent over 10 years dealing with corporate insolvencies, I remain of the opinion that most firms go bust because of cash flow problems. Usually such problems stem from poor management including being asset rich and cash poor and over exposing themselves to debt. In this latest recession some good businesses simply suffered from bankers reducing support to a business sector.

Good customer service is providing the product or service wants at the price the customer is willing to pay. That has always been the case but some businesses don't get it. Some don't respond to changing customer needs, some go too far.

The Chartered Institute of Quality defines Quality as understanding precisely what customers need and consistently delivering accurate solutions within budget, on time and with the minimum loss to society.

It's a tough world out there at present but good firms will always prosper and firms that get it wrong will fail. The difference between the two is unfortunately wafer thin nowadays.

Who cares if another dealer goes, whoever they are they could not have been much good, treat your customers  well and you will always have Customers and thrive, treat them with contempt , bad service ect. and they vote with their feet, and you go to the wall.

If only that simple homily were always true. Sadly, it falls into the same category as "you'll never go broke making a profit". IMO, there are not enough of us who are serial motorhome buyers, and of those who are, not enough troop back to the same dealer to buy again the same brand, that custimer satisfaction carries the weight that it ought.

thank you, that is exactly why I asked if anyone else new of this news, and I gave all the information that I personally knew at the time, so why is it that certain people on here make a mockery of this and continue to slag people off, if you don't like the thread then bugger off back to Benidorm. or press your eject button or what ever it is, point made.

Guest pelmetman
Brock - 2013-11-23 7:20 PM

It's a tough world out there at present but good firms will always prosper and firms that get it wrong will fail. The difference between the two is unfortunately wafer thin nowadays.

That's why I have always preferred to stay as a small niche market ;-)....................history is littered with empires going t*ts up *-).................

Guest JudgeMental
rudders - 2013-11-23 7:47 PM

thank you, that is exactly why I asked if anyone else new of this news, and I gave all the information that I personally knew at the time, so why is it that certain people on here make a mockery of this and continue to slag people off, if you don't like the thread then bugger off back to Benidorm. or press your eject button or what ever it is, point made.

"Loose lips sink ships"

Because pathetic and idle tittle tattle like yours, spreads, and in this case it may well concern jobs. As Brock says businesses struggling to survive generally, as its all about reputation and confidence......anyway its about a caravan company isn't it, so why drag your gossip on here.

I've looked at the Caravan Talk forum and all I can find on this issue is here http://tinyurl.com/qg9rb56 in the posting of 9 November 2013 by "TheTravellingRooster" (TTR).

This says:

..."There is already one very very titillating post out there,it was started by Reads of Blackburn but it is apparently related to some forthcoming dealership news. The very mention of an emergency meeting does little for guessing which one it might be but does give a flavour of what to expect..."

I can't locate the "very titillating post", so it may have been deleted, and it would appear from TTR's comment that the information then provided was sketchy. As the "titillating post" (I'm guessing it was actually a 'thread', rather than a singleton posting) started by Reads of Blackburn must have been prior to 9 November, if anything earth-shaking had happened in the last fortnight one might expect it to have been mentioned on Caravan Talk by now. I fully appreciate further information was what rudders was looking for via this forum but, if there were any, I'd expect it to emerge on Caravan Talk rather than here.

"TheTravellingRooster" (John Shepherd) is an Out&AboutLive participant, posting occasionally to the Caravan Chat and Towing Chat forums, and his most recent O&AL logon was on 2 November 2013. I've no idea if he knows any more now about the issue he mentioned on Caravan Chat but, if he logs on to this website in future, he's likely to look in Caravan Chat. So it might be worth rudders asking about this there. Logically, though, the place most likely to get feed-back from would be Caravan Talk, as that's where the subject was first brought up.

Just because there was speculation on Caravan Talk about possible dealer/manufacturer difficulties doesn't automatically mean motorcaravans will be unaffected. The Caravan Talk thread relates to problems with Elddis caravans and (purely as an example) if the Explorer Group were to have problems, this could impact on Buccaneer, Compass and Elddis caravans and also on Elddis motorhomes. Similarly for the Swift group that also manufactures motorhomes as well as caravans. Again purely as an example, If Lowdham Leisureworld got into difficulties, it could affect caravans and motorhomes as the company deals in both types of leisure-vehicle.

Archived