Another CC rip off

lennyhb

Lavazza Espresso 12 volt Coffee maker "CC members member price offer" £99.00.

Lavazza price £89

I don't object to anyone selling a product for what they can get for it but when they make out they are giving you a special price as member of their Club (I use the word club loosely) they are just taking the p**s.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 1footinthegrave

It's funny, but when I flagged up the fact the CC charge way over the normal price for Calor gas ( when we used to exchange bottles ) I was shot down in flames by most on here................so perhaps there are plenty of mugs in the CC . (!)

Guest pelmetman
1footinthegrave - 2013-11-23 11:19 AM

so perhaps there are plenty of mugs in the CC . (!)

They've got the mugs ;-).................so why not sell them an overpriced coffee maker ? (lol).........

Guest Had Enough
lennyhb - 2013-11-23 11:10 AM

Lavazza price £89

I don't object to anyone selling a product for what they can get for it but when they make out they are giving you a special price as member of their Club (I use the word club loosely) they are just taking the p**s.

There are several models of Lavazza coffee machines, most of which do not work off 12v. Perhaps you'd be kind enough to show us where the exact same model is available at £89?

Guest Had Enough

It's funny, but when I flagged up the fact the CC charge way over the normal price for Calor gas ( when we used to exchange bottles ) I was shot down in flames by most on here................so perhaps there are plenty of mugs in the CC . (!)

You know that this isn't true. The bottle that you bought was sold by a site warden who keeps a few to satisfy those silly enough to set off without checking that they have enough gas. Wardens buy them and put on margin to cover their trouble. It was not sold to you by the CC at all!

You were castigated by many members for whinging about something that was entirely your own fault.

Guest pelmetman
Had Enough - 2013-11-23 11:33 AM

Lavazza price £89

There are several models of Lavazza coffee machines, most of which do not work off 12v. Perhaps you'd be kind enough to show us where the exact same model is available at £89?

Don't nearly all CC pitches have EHU? :-S........................aaah... I see its a cunning plan to reduce their electric usage >:-).........

Had Enough - 2013-11-23 11:33 AM

Lavazza price £89

Not hard to find it's on Lavazza's own website

I know! :-D If you look on Amazon, there are 12V so called car coffee makers from £20 up. Why anyone would bother, at any price, baffles me. Almost anyone who belongs to the CC will have a vehicle with a gas hob, and presumably a kettle, so can make coffee in far greater comfort than while sitting in the driving seat of any vehicle.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2013-11-23 11:45 AM

Storm in a demi-tasse? :-D

I'm shocked at you Brian 8-).................making light of such a serious subject :D............

Besides didn't I read on here that something that requires enough umph to boil water........I the quickest way to knacker your battery (?) .....

Maybe the CC is going to start selling batteries as well >:-)

Brian Kirby - 2013-11-23 11:58 AM

I know! :-D If you look on Amazon, there are 12V so called car coffee makers from £20 up. Why anyone would bother, at any price, baffles me. Almost anyone who belongs to the CC will have a vehicle with a gas hob, and presumably a kettle, so can make coffee in far greater comfort than while sitting in the driving seat of any vehicle.

A KETTLE how dare you sir, what is wrong with a nice French coffee pot on the hob. :D

lennyhb - 2013-11-23 12:02 PM

Brian Kirby - 2013-11-23 11:58 AM

A KETTLE how dare you sir, what is wrong with a nice French coffee pot on the hob. :D

Or even an Italian one, seeing the post concerned Lavazza! Equally acceptable, and no slight or insult to coffee pots intended! :-D

Guest JudgeMental
Brian Kirby - 2013-11-23 1:00 PM

No, no, no! You misconstrue! Real coffee is easily made with the aid of a kettle. You just need Melitta filters, coffee, and filter holders. You lot ain't got no education, so you ain't! :-D

MAMA MIA! While THAT (heavens forbid) may be good enough for frogs and soft southern Bas***o's...a proper cup needs to be expresso!:D

http://www.gallacoffee.co.uk/coffee-knowledge/brewing-guide-to-stove-top-espresso-makers.html

Guest 1footinthegrave
Had Enough - 2013-11-23 11:36 AM

You know that this isn't true. The bottle that you bought was sold by a site warden who keeps a few to satisfy those silly enough to set off without checking that they have enough gas. Wardens buy them and put on margin to cover their trouble. It was not sold to you by the CC at all!

You were castigated by many members for whinging about something that was entirely your own fault.

Wardens buy them and put a margin on for the trouble eh................so every other Calor outlet sells them at trade price then ?

And let's ignore the many who stay on club sites for extended periods of time that need Calor, are they supposed to trundle of down the road to another Calor outlet, or presumably they are whingers too for being ripped off by the CC who facilitate this scam by the wardens, with respect bolloc*s

Guest Had Enough
1footinthegrave - 2013-11-23 2:38 PM

Had Enough - 2013-11-23 11:36 AM

Wardens buy them and put a margin on for the trouble eh................so every other Calor outlet sells them at trade price then ?

And let's ignore the many who stay on club sites for extended periods of time that need Calor, are they supposed to trundle of down the road to another Calor outlet, or presumably they are whingers too for being ripped off by the CC who facilitate this scam by the wardens, with respect bolloc*s

The wardens sell them as a service. They buy them from their nearest stockist and put a margin on, and why shouldn't they? They are not sold by the club. And as for people having to trundle down to the nearest Calor supplier, why shouldn't they? Perhaps you expect the wardens to help you out if your leisure battery packs in or you run out of food? Why should they even bother stocking gas cylinders? It's a campsite not a retail shop.

They do it as a service and no one's going to get rich selling a few Calor bottles every month! And try getting a replacement gas bottle on most other sites!

The fact is, as was demonstrated on the post in question, that you'd been foolish enough to set off on holiday without checking your cylinders and you had no choice but to buy one off a warden. If I were a warden I simply wouldn't bother. Why should they have to out up with the kind of insults such as those emanating from you? They have to buy the cylinders, invest money in them and then swap them for members. What do you think this is worth?

What would you consider a reasonable margin to put on a cylinder that you've bought for say £20?

Remember, you have to invest your money in them, keep them in very secure and safe store, and return the empties.

Finally as I've just remembered you complained again about this being a CC rip off but as the thread went on it turned out that it wasn't even the CC but the Camping and Caravan Club! You've obviously forgotten all over again so keen are you to denigrate the CC!

Members should read the original thread if they want a good laugh!

https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/CC-club-what-membership-benefits-/31562/

Guest pelmetman
In Spain the local gas bottle man delivers direct to your pitch B-).........................I wonder if the CC would allow such a thing? >:-)....................not to mention they're dirt cheap when compared to UK prices *-) ...........

Guest Had Enough
pelmetman - 2013-11-23 5:37 PM

In Spain the local gas bottle man delivers direct to your pitch B-).........................I wonder if the CC would allow such a thing? >:-)....................not to mention they're dirt cheap when compared to UK prices *-) ...........

Well, I think that we can work out the reason for that! Sites in Spain are often packed with people staying for weeks or even months so there's a ready market. Those staying on CC and C&CC or any other UK sites are generally there for days and usually have the sense to ensure that they've enough gas before setting off on holiday!

Guest 1footinthegrave

I've got no problem with folk having a laugh with that thread, considering all of your posts are devoid of humour. (!)

And to put the record straight I did NOT set off without checking my gas cylinders, I wanted to set off to France with all full ones and like so many others, Dover that is the last opportunity to do so, which normally would have been the stockist I usually use, on that occasion I didn't. .

my fault I concede to expect the same or very similar pricing from a club, and to say this is just a sideline for the wardens I doubt they have to pay for the secure storage area on site, or any costs associated with LPG storage, if they did I may have some sympathy, to pretend that stocking a few bits and bobs is any way the same as an essential thing like Calor which they have done long before electric hookups and a mini shop were common place is nonsense.

Still lesson learnt whichever "club" it is.

Archived