Another CC rip off

lennyhb

1footinthegrave - 2013-11-25 3:48 PM

pepe63 - 2013-11-25 3:35 PM

1footinthegrave - 2013-11-25 3:10 PM

... on this particular occasion used a CCC site to exchange, hence my shock at the price, something I've never done before enroute........

NOW has everyone FINALLY got it ! !

Then why on earth did you jump into this thread, refer back to your initial "..what benefits" thread and continue blaming the Caravan Club then?! *-)

..you blamed and continue to blame, THE WRONG CLUB! :-S

*-)

but IF you look above I have stated quite clearly the CCC club, how much plainer does it need to be that I'm not referring to the CC club........

I know you've finally stated the CCC (C&CC!) now, that is why I underlined it.....*-)

But if you look back at page one,when you jumped in, in your first and second posts(and elsewhere throughout the thread) you were clearly referring to the CC! (Caravan Club). ;-)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 1footinthegrave
pepe63 - 2013-11-25 4:02 PM

1footinthegrave - 2013-11-25 3:48 PM

pepe63 - 2013-11-25 3:35 PM

1footinthegrave - 2013-11-25 3:10 PM

... on this particular occasion used a CCC site to exchange, hence my shock at the price, something I've never done before enroute........

NOW has everyone FINALLY got it ! !

Then why on earth did you jump into this thread, refer back to your initial "..what benefits" thread and continue blaming the Caravan Club then?! *-)

..you blamed and continue to blame, THE WRONG CLUB! :-S

*-)

but IF you look above I have stated quite clearly the CCC club, how much plainer does it need to be that I'm not referring to the CC club........

I know you've finally stated the CCC (C&CC!) now, that is why I underlined it.....*-)

But if you look back at page one,when you jumped in, in your first and second posts(and elsewhere throughout the thread) you were clearly referring to the CC! (Caravan Club). ;-)

Put it down to old age................................besides there are far more important things in life, I simply cannot be arsed with this any more.

Guest Had Enough
lennyhb - 2013-11-25 3:52 PM

Had Enough - 2013-11-25 2:45 PM

If we had a large network of aires why would any motorhomer join the CC? We all know that many of the ones on here who are passionate about aires also brag about how they never use sites!

Easy you give the members discounts.

So the CC should persuade councils to open aires so that it loses members and revenue and those who want sites will suffer! Mmmm, I can see a flaw here. It's a bit like Tesco supporting local shops and spending money to keep them open!

Since when have Tesco pretended to be a Club working for the benefit of their members.

they are not ashamed to admit they are in business to make a profit. Oh dear I may have just described the CC Club. :D

Everyone bangs on about France. Where are the aires in Switzerland and Denmark and Slovenia and Croatia? And as for Italy and Spain, most aires I've come across have been awful places.

Who said anything about France or other countries we are talking about the UK.

Trying to get aires in the UK is a fool's errand and the CC has more sense than to waste its time.

As usual you totally miss the point the CC & C&CC have a fair bit of clout with government departments & councils and with their backing it would make it achievable.

The only reason they won't waste their time as you put is because they are money grabbing organisations only interested in making profit and could not care less about their members.

The CC has no 'clout' whatsoever with local councils. Where did you get that idea?

And everyone when talking about aires mentions France and whinges about why the UK can't be the same! Perhaps you've missed it!

Most of all though I love the comment about giving them discounts. So you roll up at a site and say "I was going to use an aire but I've decided to come to the site instead, give me a discount please." Wonderful logic!

But you bang on with the same tired old nonsense about money-grabbing. Who benefits from this money grabbing. Come on, tell us and show the evidence.

Shareholders? Er no, there aren't any. Directors? Er, no. They do not receive huge bonuses based on profit.

So come on. You seem to know all about it. Who benefits if not the members?

Guest Had Enough
1footinthegrave - 2013-11-25 4:08 PM

Put it down to old age................................besides there are far more important things in life, I simply cannot be arsed with this any more.

Now that you've been shown to be talking through that *rse of course! No wonder you can't be bothered any more! (lol)

Guest 1footinthegrave

Oh for crying out loud.............who gives a s*h*i*t

Millions homeless and starving in the Philippines and all us stupid pratts arguing on here. Feck it all I say.

Guest Had Enough
1footinthegrave - 2013-11-25 4:12 PM

Oh for crying out loud.............who gives a s*h*i*t

Millions homeless and starving in the Philippines and all us stupid pratts arguing on here. Feck it all I say.

This is hilarious! You come on here every day banging on and moaning about about something. Eventually you get totally shot down in flames and then of course it's all not worth the bother while people are starving all over the world!

How many times have we seen this! (lol) (lol) It's worth the bother when you've got something to grumble about but then .................................................... (lol)

Guest pelmetman
Had Enough - 2013-11-25 3:52 PM

pelmetman - 2013-11-25 2:36 PM

Had Enough - 2013-11-25 1:50 PM

with spacious pitches,

If your really lucky you'll get one with a right of way through your awning like we did at Incleboro Fields 8-).........................

You poor old thing. Of the thousands of lovely enclosed pitches yours had to be the one that had a path through it. I hope it didn't ruin your holiday.

No it didn't..............but the way the warden and the CC handled my complaint proved beyond doubt they don't give a toss *-) ......................

Just to clarify there wasn't room for a path around around my pitch due to the hedges.........the path went through my awning!.............as confirmed by the warden when I complained *-)

Have you got your promotion to the board yet Frank?.............as your certainly the right kinda person ;-).......

pelmetman - 2013-11-23 7:46 PM

Colin Leake - 2013-11-23 7:33 PM

Clamper - 2013-11-23 12:36 PM

Spot-on Judge. If you are going to have a coffee have a real one.

Does anyone use "instant" tea? I have not seen it around for ages, not that I have looked that hard

. (lol)

No not tea but we did try instant smash potato once, only once mind you!

That's because you need to be an alien to enjoy it :D............

I am. Well a time lord anyway.

Brock - 2013-11-24 8:14 PM

As Tracker spotted, I had a senior moment and started a new thread with a post meant for this one. So here is the most relevant part of my post on the right topic!

... Usually I buy my gas when at the CC sites to save me travelling to a Calor Gas retailer - cost of travel £4 [20% 'mark up' plus my time] or waiting whilst one is delivered - Calor Gas charge £5 for delivery [25% 'mark up' plus any waiting time]. Perhaps I see things differently because I'm used to Activity Based Costing and also Procurement.

In the great scheme of things, I'm not that bothered if the Wardens make a few bob at my expense if it makes my life convenient. If I was bothered, I could raise it directly with the CC or go through its forums. Or simply buy elsewhere.

And going back to the OP, I will not be buying the coffee maker. It's no bargain. Lenny's right.

A sensible comment in a thread that as so often happens has gone mad. To be honest I can't even be bothered to compare the prices life's to short to be arsed with that.

Three things from this topic gladden my heart.

1. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and we have forums like this so we can express them.

2. The recognition that the CC is about more than just main sites and CLs.

3. People who moan about the CC tend not to stay on its sites.

I am less pleased at the smug feeling I have from being a member.

Guest Had Enough
pelmetman - 2013-11-25 4:21 PM

No it didn't..............but the way the warden and the CC handled my complaint proved beyond doubt they don't give a toss *-) ......................

Just to clarify there wasn't room for a path around around my pitch due to the hedges.........the path went through my awning!.............as confirmed by the warden when I complained *-)

Have you got your promotion to the board yet Frank?.............as your certainly the right kinda person ;-).......

Ah, but it's how you go about complaining! ;-) And it strikes me that a man who can condemn an entire organisation on the strength of one encounter with one employee and decide that the whole outfit doesn't give a toss would be the kind of complainer that I'd just turf out!

Anyway, thank you for suggesting that I have the right qualities to run a hundred million pound company that's as diverse and as successful as the CC. I'm very flattered! Jobs like that require exceptional people. ;-) Best compliment yet from you!

Guest Had Enough
Colin Leake - 2013-11-25 4:42 PM

Brock - 2013-11-24 8:14 PM

As Tracker spotted, I had a senior moment and started a new thread with a post meant for this one. So here is the most relevant part of my post on the right topic!

... Usually I buy my gas when at the CC sites to save me travelling to a Calor Gas retailer - cost of travel £4 [20% 'mark up' plus my time] or waiting whilst one is delivered - Calor Gas charge £5 for delivery [25% 'mark up' plus any waiting time]. Perhaps I see things differently because I'm used to Activity Based Costing and also Procurement.

In the great scheme of things, I'm not that bothered if the Wardens make a few bob at my expense if it makes my life convenient. If I was bothered, I could raise it directly with the CC or go through its forums. Or simply buy elsewhere.

And going back to the OP, I will not be buying the coffee maker. It's no bargain. Lenny's right.

A sensible comment in a thread that as so often happens has gone mad. To be honest I can't even be bothered to compare the prices life's to short to be arsed with that.

Thank God! Some common sense!

Guest pelmetman
Had Enough - 2013-11-25 4:57 PM

pelmetman - 2013-11-25 4:21 PM

Ah, but it's how you go about complaining! ;-) And it strikes me that a man who can condemn an entire organisation on the strength of one encounter with one employee and decide that the whole outfit doesn't give a toss would be the kind of complainer that I'd just turf out!

Anyway, thank you for suggesting that I have the right qualities to run a hundred million pound company that's as diverse and as successful as the CC. I'm very flattered! Jobs like that require exceptional people. ;-) Best compliment yet from you!

Well I put a comment in the comments book.............which the warden removed..............twice *-)........

The assistant warden then moved the white peg on our friends pitch whilst we were out for the day.......... then tried to say they had pitched in the wrong place so our pitch was to close to the path 8-)................fortunately people on the next pitch saw him move it >:-)..........

All of this was put in an email to the club.................their response..........platitudes *-).............

Hence I'm now an ex member................and will continue to do my bit to spread the truth about these so called clubs >:-)..........

But as you point out I was just one member....................there's plenty of other mugs out there so big businesses can get away with treating the odd one with contempt..................works for you eh Frank? ;-)

Guest Had Enough
pelmetman - 2013-11-25 5:48 PM

Hence I'm now an ex member................and will continue to do my bit to spread the truth about these so called clubs >:-)..........

Thank you, more room for us reasonable folk! Keep spreading the 'truth'! It seems to make you happy! ;-)

Guest pelmetman
Had Enough - 2013-11-25 5:52 PM

Thank you, more room for us reasonable folk! Keep spreading the 'truth'! It seems to make you happy! ;-)

Save's me 40 quid a year to :D...............and I get to stay on campsites where I can pitch facing the evening sun B-)...............neither do I get people trying to flog me expensive coffee makers :D

Had Enough - 2013-11-24 7:49 PM...............So, what is it that you consider unsatisfactory in its financial performance and what margins do you consider it should be achieving?

To just try to simplify and clarify. I commented that having regard to the prices both clubs charge for pitches (out of season), their profits do not seem that great. It is something of a "throw-away" comment. You seem to have replied that you think their profits are that great: then so be it. Maybe my mention of profit is/was unwise. The actual level of their profit was not my central point. My apologies if I confused you.

My central point was that they seem to charge near the top of the market - at the times we wish to use them - for facilities that, IMO, are about average. So, as I said, they do not represent especially good value (for our use) for money. The facilities are fine; the pitches are fine; but the cost per night, is relatively high. Relatively, in this context, means relative to what, on average, we pay elsewhere across Europe - also out of season. No more, no less. However, I sense that you will probably disagree with my conclusion. :-)

Oh mother help me please. i need to buy an over expensive coffee maker and pay over the odds for gas. Where can I go to exercise my rights as a consumer to give away my hard earned if I want to?

Mother answer through the keyboard :-

"The option to go elsewhere is still open to you. you do not have to go to a CC site you can blow your money anywhere, if you pay over the odds its your own fault for not shopping around, you silly boy "

...Well I put a comment in the comments book.............which the warden removed..............twice *-)........

QUOTE]

Dave

Then perhaps you should've got Sue to write it?..as it was, they probably took one look at the string of frowning, winking and rolling-eyed faces that that you probably put and had just assumed that some kid had been doodling... :D

Joking aside, we did have the one "run-in" with a female warden on their Uttoxeter site(about pitching the "wrong way around")but we had never had an issue before and we haven't had one since, so for us to blame a whole organisation for the actions of the staff on that one site, would be silly....

Oops!? Don't quite know what I did there, quote-wise?

Guest JudgeMental

Ha ha ha..But please don't wave... Those that do look truly moronic :-D

the main thing that gets us is these so called "clubs" really geared up for caravans, and tend to be way out of the way.... Historically staffed by green and obnoxious people..When better value and more convenient sites exist elsewhere if you have the common sense to do your homework..Tend to appeal to sheep without gumption or imagination....club? my Ar$e!:-D

As for gas, I get the occasional bottle for home bbq) from CC crystal palace site, as its convenient, and dont give a to$$ for the price ;-)

Quite how what I saw as the semi humourous flippant comment that began this thread could once again be turned into a personal slanging match by a few self righteous protagonists is beyond me.

Get a life people - it's only a caravan based outfit - and really not that important in the grand scheme of things when compared to the meaning of life and all that.

Guest pelmetman
pepe63 - 2013-11-25 6:31 PM

...Well I put a comment in the comments book.............which the warden removed..............twice *-)........

QUOTE]

Dave

Then perhaps you should've got Sue to write it?..as it was, they probably took one look at the string of frowning, winking and rolling-eyed faces that that you probably put and had just assumed that some kid had been doodling... :D

Joking aside, we did have the one "run-in" with a female warden on their Uttoxeter site(about pitching the "wrong way around")but we had never had an issue before and we haven't had one since, so for us to blame a whole organisation for the actions of the staff on that one site, would be silly....

Oops!? Don't quite know what I did there, quote-wise?

*-) ......................... ;-) ......................... (lol) (lol)

lennyhb - 2013-11-25 7:06 PM

I'll never mention the coffee pot again :D :D :D

One last question is "Had Enough" an alias of "Rupert 123" if not they sing the same old tune. (lol)

I should bloomin well hope not you naughty stirrer!

No - Rupert123 aka Henry, is quite a reasonable bloke who does at least accept that others have the right to their own views even when he disagrees!

Guest Had Enough
lennyhb - 2013-11-25 7:06 PM

I'll never mention the coffee pot again :D :D :D

One last question is "Had Enough" an alias of "Rupert 123" if not they sing the same old tune. (lol)

This is from a man who is obsessed with telling everyone how terrible the CC is and takes every opportunity to make his views known!

The difference between you and me is that I'm happy for anyone to use any form of camping they like. I use aires, I wild camp and in the absence of aires, or if a site is more convenient, I'll use a site.

You have never seen me start a thread to denigrate any of the methods that many of us use.

Some people on here are like born-again Christians. Whether it's downsizing to a PVC, not using sites, only using sites, not wild camping, only wild camping, being a member of a club or not being a member of a club they bore us to death with the huge chips that they have on their shoulders.

I just happen to like CC sites as I've had nothing but good experiences from them but I would never start a thread suggesting that people who aren't a member are idiots.

I don't care what you do, I just object to your constant preaching. I don't know what it is with people who decide that they no longer want to be a member of a club. They seem unable to just stop being a member and they then spend the rest of their lives trying to justify their decision and tell the rest of us how wrong we are.

You're worse than religious fanatics! Give it a rest for God's sake!

Archived