Rear Door Draft Excluder for Panel Van Conversion

HymerVan

Thanks for many constructive and carefully researched answers. I have now spoken to Autosleeper Parts Department and to Silver Screen both of whom have been very helpful.

Autosleeper have in prototype a strip of material which will be offered only as part of the 2014 Winter pack. It will be fixed (by press studs I think) along the centre seam of the door. There are no plans to sell it outwith the pack. Silver Screen have no product for the rear (other than "window screens") and don't see a market for them. They did however point me to O'Learys for a supply of material which is not however in any way similar to their material.

http://www.olearymotorhomes.co.uk/thermal-screen-material-1386-p.asp.

I strongly agree that it is undesirable to over-modify or personalise vans and my van has absolutely no modifications whatsoever other than a couple of "factory" modifications. Any screen arrangement will have to be completely removable without damage (cosmetic or otherwise) . We will try to get to the bottom of where the draught actually is and then look at a cure including door adjustment if appropriate. We may or may not finish up with a "strip" solution or a full width solution or perhaps nothing. We use the van for three seasons but that does mean on occasion in temperatures below zero (as we discovered in Cambridgeshire last April). We don't like to run the diesel heater when we are asleep although there is no reason to suppose it is anything other than completely safe.

If we come up with anything useful we will post again but that is not likely to be before next spring.

Archived