Cadac.........why no duluxe?

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

Biting the bullet......... and having the space and the payload in our trailer ;-)...............have decided to invest in the top of the range outside gas cooker............some people call them bbq's 8-)..........a Cadac deluxe with the full height legs and all the attachments...............but can I find one *-)..............the only ones I can find look quite flimsy when compared to the old style Cadacs.

Maybe buying in Spain will be cheaper?.......... ;-)

Guest pelmetman
I thought that maybe the problem Eddie ;-)...................but the more I've searched the more it seems that they have discontinued what was I admit............spit >:-).............. a good bit of kit, and replaced it with a cheapo look a like *-).................no doubt the accountants have been let loose in the design department again 8-).....

Don't ask why, I'm still upset, but we did have to buy a new Cadac midway through the summer. Bought it on line from Tow Sure. Takes longer to assemble than the old one but is very much more ridged. Biggest advantage is that the new design stays alight very much better in windy conditions.

Guest pelmetman
Colin Leake - 2013-11-26 7:17 PM

Don't ask why, I'm still upset, but we did have to buy a new Cadac midway through the summer.

Go on Colin fess up >:-)........................Confession is good fer the soul ;-)

pelmetman - 2013-11-26 5:30 PM

Biting the bullet......... and having the space and the payload in our trailer ;-)...............have decided to invest in the top of the range outside gas cooker............some people call them bbq's 8-)..........a Cadac deluxe with the full height legs and all the attachments...............but can I find one *-)..............the only ones I can find look quite flimsy when compared to the old style Cadacs.

Southdowns m/homes had lots of cadac stuff when we were there in the summer,they might be able to help

Guest 1footinthegrave

You could well be right, judging by the news today about all the Brits about to have their houses bull dozed I reckon you could pick one up at a boot sale for a song, as well as a top notch satellite system, poor sods.

pelmetman - 2013-11-26 7:57 PM

Don't ask why, I'm still upset, but we did have to buy a new Cadac midway through the summer.

Go on Colin fess up >:-)........................Confession is good fer the soul ;-)

It was very windy and I was using it in slot together ply wood wind shield I had made. Unfortunately I failed to spot I had not assembled it properly and it burnt itself out. For once I couldn't even blaim the wife which is what I normally do.

capcloser - 2013-11-26 11:05 PM

Had a cadac about 3yrs ago and found it good apart from when it was only slightly windy and it was not so good,gave up on it in the end,,back to good old charcoal or the gas bbq than came with the van

The new ones are fine in this respect. I've never even had to use my wind break yet.

Guest pelmetman
Colin Leake - 2013-11-27 7:20 PM

pelmetman - 2013-11-26 7:57 PM

It was very windy and I was using it in slot together ply wood wind shield I had made. Unfortunately I failed to spot I had not assembled it properly and it burnt itself out. For once I couldn't even blaim the wife which is what I normally do.

Why can't you blame the wife? :-S...................well I mean, there must be some perks to getting married ;-).....

Guest pelmetman
Colin Leake - 2013-11-27 7:23 PM

capcloser - 2013-11-26 11:05 PM

Had a cadac about 3yrs ago and found it good apart from when it was only slightly windy and it was not so good,gave up on it in the end,,back to good old charcoal or the gas bbq than came with the van

The new ones are fine in this respect. I've never even had to use my wind break yet.

That does appear to have been a problem with the old design, although we always have windbreaks set up as a dog garden, so I didn't think we'd have a problem with the flame blowing out :-S.......

Looking at this one as I hope to do roast dinners, and pies in it ;-)

http://www.homesteadcaravans.co.uk/cadac-carri-chef-2-bbq-flat-pan-combo/

Guest pelmetman
David Dwight - 2013-11-27 8:19 PM

Have a look on www.Cadac.ZA you will find the full range there, and they will give the info for Cadac uk.

Tried your link but Google didn't like it :-| ......................Is it the same as this one?.......

http://www.cadac.uk.com/

Towsure in Southampton had them in stock last week when we were there, I had one,but after one use  I cleaned it up, put it all back in it's bags and sold it on, I could not be bothered to partake in all the cleaning it requires every time one  uses  it , I also  thought I would try the smaller version Safari Chef  as I remember, again too much hassle cleaning it  at each use so that went the same way. I have reverted back to our mark one grill, a 907 Gaz bottle with a detachable burner on which I can boil a kettle etc and a cast Iron plate on which I  grill my food, easy to clean as one just has to wash the Cast Iron plate and that is it,  I buy my Gaz in Spain and Portugal where it is very cheap, but when I go to Spain in a few weeks time I am going to buy one of the Spanish gas rings  that they use to make their Paella on  ,then I will be able to plug this  into my Barbi point and use my refillable bottles to power it.
  If I want a real Barbi [ Charcoal ] I have a Spanish metal  Mushroom shaped Barbi, very small and compact  with a metal wire mesh cooking rack, it uses very little charcoal and is plenty big enough to cook   food for two on and  I only have to wash the wire  rack, yes I am very lazy in this respect, cant be wasting drinking time washing up .

Guest pelmetman
vindiboy - 2013-11-27 9:46 PM

Towsure in Southampton had them in stock last week when we were there, I had one,but after one use  I cleaned it up, put it all back in it's bags and sold it on, I could not be bothered to partake in all the cleaning it requires every time one  uses  it , I also  thought I would try the smaller version Safari Chef  as I remember, again too much hassle cleaning it  at each use so that went the same way. I have reverted back to our mark one grill, a 907 Gaz bottle with a detachable burner on which I can boil a kettle etc and a cast Iron plate on which I  grill my food, easy to clean as one just has to wash the Cast Iron plate and that is it,  I buy my Gaz in Spain and Portugal where it is very cheap, but when I go to Spain in a few weeks time I am going to buy one of the Spanish gas rings  that they use to make their Paella on  ,then I will be able to plug this  into my Barbi point and use my refillable bottles to power it.

If I want a real Barbi [ Charcoal ] I have a Spanish metal  Mushroom shaped Barbi, very small and compact  with a metal wire mesh cooking rack, it uses very little charcoal and is plenty big enough to cook   food for two on and  I only have to wash the wire  rack, yes I am very lazy in this respect, cant be wasting drinking time washing up .

As a keen cook, I'm looking for a bbq that'll do the same job as our indoor hob and oven ;-)..............I have a very good Spanish charcoal bbq upon which I have even cooked a roast diner.......and chips :D....

Unfortunately......our current winter bolt hole does not allow bbq's 8-)...............hence the need for a outdoor gas cooker *-)

We only use the griddle. None stick and easy to clean. What I usually do is to take it over to the washing up facility on the site whilst the wife does the rest of the washing up in the motorhome. Worked very well for years but the wife has now sussed out how long it really takes to do this so I now have to get back and dry the washing up up.

Yes you can indeed do a roast in it though we can never be bothered.

What we usually do is to cook two lots of meat at once eating one hot on the day of cooking and one cold the following day. I always claim it's to save gas but in truth the main benifit is to save time on cooking and cleaning.

Biting the bullet......... and having the space and the payload in our trailer ;-)...............have decided to invest in the top of the range outside gas cooker.....

Plan B, ??

http://www.caseysoutdoorleisure.co.uk/product-media/272/2432/1640/Kampa-Roast-Master-Camping-Oven.jpg

As used by the ''Airy Bikers, you could cook for the whole site !

Rgds

Archived