Bonnet bib

A W

I've just seen a bonnet bib for sale at a dealer,made by Soplair. It looks like a silver screen for the bonnet and I'm curious whether it can have any insulating properties given that the underside of the engine is still exposed. Has anyone used one?

AW. If its the same as what Silver Screens make. We have one with our Silver Screens it came with them, you open the Bonnet and tuck it under the trailing edge. Yes it works well keeps the draughts out of the cab at night. Could possible stop Narcotic gas being induced into the vehicle via the air vents. It is not designed to insulate the engine. David

• 2 weeks later...
Yes all Fiat/pugs have the same system for colosing off the air vents, but they dont stop the cold air dropping into the cab in cold weather, the bib stops this and as it come free with the insulated screen cover why not have it, and it works. Also another vent covered to stop gas being injected into the van. David

Guest starspirit
No cold air comes in any Pug van I've ever had when the slide is shut off. We always shut it 'cos the dog sleeps in the cab and we wouldn't want her getting chilly now would we!

Mel, When i wear a tie its usualy round me neck, not were the seat belt come out of the moulding. Yep there are lots of air holes, so its no good taking it to water. We have two life jackets behind the front seats, people ask why, well perhaps thats the answer. Actualy it makes use of a dead space. David

Now then DD, ties can be pulled tight when they are round your neck! Sorry about the typo, fingers are not very good at the moment, I have problems with them and they are painful and stiff - I've been on holiday for 2 weeks and have been hammering away at the keyboard since I got back to work on Monday. Just to get my own back, actually is spelt with two 'l's!!!

In the past I have taped over the vents in the cab doors (rear end face) and this has stopped some draught. I removed the tape when we got home to ensure the doors don't rust prematurely. We also have the 'third' speedo in our 'van.... 1, Factory fitted, not that reliable, each of our vans has had the speedo replaced! 2, Look out of the window, this one I find the most accurate. On a motorway we go faster than the lorries but slower than the coaches, exactly 60mph. 3, Look through the hole in the floor where the handbrake cable runs!!!

Archived