Internet Explore 11:Ridiculously small toolbar icons...?

pepe63xnotuse

Hi all..Just a quick one, for the techy minded..

Our laptop has just "updated itself", to IE11...and it's left us with really small address bar /toolbar icons at the top of the page...

Is there any way of making these larger? :-S

We've had a bit of a fumble about with it but we can't seem to see anything obvious for the toolbars etc....

I can't seem to find anything mentioned on the Microsoft help/webpages either....

(The OH reckons their computers at work are now IE11..and they all have these small tool bar icons

:-S )

It did "update" itself to IE11 last week..but we "restored" it back to IE10...only for it to do it again today(...after repeatedly telling us "critical upgrades" were required).

Anyone with any ideas?...

Thanks

Thank you for responding..

Unfortunately, that's only really a "magnifier"...

I can see various ways of "zooming" the text/content on the main screen and enlarging the icons on the "desk top" but I can't see how to enlarge the icons contained within the address'/command'/tool bars, at the top of the screen...

(..strangely, the icons in the Taskbar at the bottom edge of the screen have remained the size they were prior to the IE "update"..)

Oh well, it looks like it may just be a case of getting used to it..... :-S

Thanks again.. :-D

Perhaps you need some better glasses. They look o/k on my 15" screen.

You could try altering your screen resolution to a lower value.

peter - 2013-12-09 8:49 PM

Perhaps you need some better glasses. They look o/k on my 15" screen.

You could try altering your screen resolution to a lower value.

To be honest Peter, the more we use it, the more used to them we are getting....

I think it was as much the fact that they'd almost halved in size(from IE10), that struck us...

Give it a few more days and we probably won't notice the difference... (lol)

Guest 1footinthegrave

Download and install another browser I gave up on IE years ago, there are quite a few. Opera, Chrome, Diglo to name just a few, my preference is Firefox, find it here. ;-) or download as many as you want and try them all out. Besides which it's something interesting to do on these short daylight winter days. ;-) and you'll then be as techy as anyone else !

https://mozilla.org.uk/

I agree with 1foot. To my mind Firefox is better than IE. It uses the same bookmarks so you can import them as a separate subsection, and then delete all the Firefox ones you do not want. I like it because you can get it to open new links in a new tab automatically, and there are some useful extensions/addons that i find helpful.

I am not a Chrome fan as I have this antipathy for anything connected with Google as they love to keep lots of data on me, and hand it over to Uncle Sam, and I do not like that. I am loathe to know Obama is watching my posts on this Forum. I accept I am probably wasting my time, but it is the thought that keeps me sane.

One other browser i liked for a while was Maxthon as it basically duplicates IE but has a much faster and better setup. But newer versions seemed to sometimes freeze, so I migrated to Firefox. Oracle is also quite good if you wish to ry it.

You can of course have more than 1 browser and play between them.

Archived