Malaga to Gibralter sites

crbtaylor

Hi all, looking for recommendations for a couple of sites, the first near Gib so we can walk or cycle there and somewhere in between Malaga and Gib ( full service) to top up and dump grey and black waste . This is our first real trip abroad and having a great time :-)). Currently been out 7 weeks and still heading south meeting lots of interesting people?

Guest pelmetman

We have stayed on a site at Estepona called Parque Botanico Tropical which, from memory I think was about 30 miles from Gib. It was an old garden centre, a bit run down but OK for a few nights.

There is also a rough area of land just outside of Gib, you more or less just walk across the road to the border where campers park up.

SUE

Hi

There is a site on the main road at the far end of Fuengirola, we passed it but did not stay. It looks a bit of a cross between an aire & a site and was quite full when we were there in February last year. I think there is also a decent site a bit inland near the marshlands where the flamingos come to breed, cant remember the name off hand but if you are interested I will look it up

Have fun & enjoy the rest of your trip

Bob

Iain Strachan - 2013-12-15 4:02 PM

Glad your enjoying your trip, cant help with Gib. as never got that far along the coast, but recommend Cabopino, its number 2433, in ACSI book 2014. and no. 2172 in the 2013 edition.

Cheers iain

second that iain, puerto cabopino lovely restaurants around the harbour, even has its own nudist beach, not to far from gib.

Hi All

We've been following this posting with interest. We intend to visit to Gib later on next year I would like to know is it better to take the train or bus into Gib rather than take my VW ? what's the cycling like, we could cycling thanks a lot

Alan

Camping Bella Vista is meant to be good. It's right on the beach, a short distance to the west of Estepona in the direction of Gib; so just over half way from Malaga. The site has recently been completely re-furbished from top to bottom and is very much on our radar for a tour we have planned in the spring.

http://caravanparkspain.com/

Mike

B ella vista looks pricey to me. We don't pay that price, maybe they will have to reduce price to get customers. They also take annual , which in my opinion, not good in Spain, as they have lot,s of kids and loud TV blaring out, worse at weekends.

Whatever site you stay on in that area Spanish weekenders turn up in their droves. They turn up on a Friday night and build barricades around their pitch which they dismantle after lunch on the Sunday and return home early evening. Jokingly you could say that many of these sites would be great if it wasn't for the Spanish but to some extent it's true. If you want to stay on a site then you have no option other than to put up with it.

No doubt they harbour similar views about us but as it's their country we can hardly complain.

Thx for all the feedback. Stayed at cabopino for a night and it's ok but not our cup of tea. Tried unsuccessfully to find an Aire at Gib but both were closed/gone. Be interested if anyone finds somewhere to stay overnight. Now at Rio Java in Tafira, a very nice site but at €23 a night with wifi won't be staying long. Next stop is Cadiz area any suggestions welcome.

Camping Rosaleda in Conil de le Fontera is a good site in the ACSI book but there are a number of sites in and around Conil. We caught a bus from Conil to Cadiz, 30 mins or so from memory, and then took the hop on hop off tour bus around the city which was worth it, especially as the weather was cold.

Cadiz well worth a look and I don't think it is that far from Jerez which is also worth a look.

Enjoy the sunshine - its miserable here!

Bob

crbtaylor - 2013-12-17 5:47 PMThx for all the feedback. Stayed at cabopino for a night and it's ok but not our cup of tea. Tried unsuccessfully to find an Aire at Gib but both were closed/gone. Be interested if anyone finds somewhere to stay overnight. Now at Rio Java in Tafira, a very nice site but at €23 a night with wifi won't be staying long. Next stop is Cadiz area any suggestions welcome.
Hi, we did your route in reverse this year. We kept a blog with all the places we stayed, so www.themotorhomeyears.blogspot.co.uk may be of some use to you as regards sites and aires.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we did (especially the sherry triangle!) 

Archived