Downloads to TomTom

Caddies104

Sorry cannot help. I am probably in the deep brown stuff anyway as our kids gave us one last year for Christmas 'so you can find Spain Dad' but to date we have yet to use it. I have not even fitted it to the car so as I entered it into the computer at Xmas time last year, it keeps flashing me that 'urgent downloads are required'.

Ooops. I figured out that to get to Spain I headed south from Edinburgh and sooner or later would bump into it. It has worked fine so far..........

Anyway I am sure some geek will be able to help you. Otherwise just get the ACSI book and a map. It seems to work.

Derek I can probably help you out but it will depend on two things.....

One, how computer literate you are, do you know about Windows file systems

Two, does the TomtomGo Live 750 allow you to see the file system when connected to your PC.?

My two Tomtoms both allow this but, apparently some of the newer ones don't.

bolero boy - 2013-12-23 9:23 AM

Two, does the TomtomGo Live 750 allow you to see the file system when connected to your PC.?

Chris. I can find my way around pc eventually , can find windows file, it shows the downloads, and the tomtom, thought I could drag the file into tomtom, but did not work. Will check tomorrow when I set it all up again if Tomtom shows its file system..

Thanks for reply

Bigal.. Link did not work, not on IPad, will try on pc tomorrow...

When u open up the TomTom file structure you should see the 'map' file which on mine is called 'western Europe'. In their, there will be many already loaded Poi files which are there in pairs each with exactly the same name. One file is the logo and the other file is the data, they must match to work properly.

To add your new files, you need to drag each new pair into the TomTom 'map' folder to join the rest.

This should be relatively straightforward and works on both my Tomtoms.

Caddies104 - 2013-12-23 4:41 PM

bolero boy - 2013-12-23 9:23 AM

Chris. I can find my way around pc eventually , can find windows file, it shows the downloads, and the tomtom, thought I could drag the file into tomtom, but did not work. Will check tomorrow when I set it all up again if Tomtom shows its file system..

Thanks for reply

Bigal.. Link did not work, not on IPad, will try on pc tomorrow...

hi look in hints and tips, there a sticky on adding poi from way to go.

Hi

Partial success, managed to download onto the TomTom Archie's CC (camping cheque sites) .. Did the same with there ACSI sites and think they maybe on there but not in an Icon like the CC are..

Go into POI and an Icon comes up "Archie's CC" but no sign of Archie's CCA (ACSI) icon.. Think sites are on but not in a collective file...

Hope that makes sense??

Ok, if you just need the ACSI icon, then you can get it on the ACSI website in the My ACSI section.

When you download it, make sure that it has the exact same name as the data poi that you have on your Tomtom. You may need to edit this as I'm not sure what they are called on Archie's site as i always use the ACSI site. Also, are you sure the Archie's ones are the 2014 sites?

Remember, you have to have the card/book to use the sites so this will be for 2014 and will need to match the file to make sense of the page references, so why not get your data from ACSI?

Hi

Thanks Chris, Archie's are 2014, but will try ACSI as I already have the 2014 books but wanted them on the TomTom as well so if driving can just drive to the nearest site when ready to camp up... Don't do Aires etc.

The sticky Bigal mentioned I think, on hints and tips comes up page not found..

Caddies104 - 2013-12-27 8:59 AM

Hi

Thanks Chris, Archie's are 2014, but will try ACSI as I already have the 2014 books but wanted them on the TomTom as well so if driving can just drive to the nearest site when ready to camp up... Don't do Aires etc.

hi just click on the Hints & Tips section of the forums, it,s the3rd one down.

bigal55 - 2013-12-27 7:35 PM

Caddies104 - 2013-12-27 8:59 AM

Hi

hi just click on the Hints & Tips section of the forums, it,s the3rd one down.

Hi

Have done that but when you click on the link way2go has posted, the page is not found, probably because it was put on 6 years ago!!

bolero boy - 2013-12-28 9:10 AM

Try again.....both ALS link and the original post in hints and tips work ok when I try them.

Although the "A 'How To' Guide on Downloading POIs for SatNav" thread in the Hints and Tips forum is accessible, the www.nodarkroom.co.uk link provided by Way2Go is now invalid.

However, if you look at the 2nd posting on this 2011 forum thread

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Hints-and-Tips/down-load-aires-on-to-tom-tom-go-710/24668/

and click on the "TomTom - Adding a POI to a TomTom.pdf" Attachment an instructional document should download.

Archived