First Romanians arrive in Norfolk

laimeduck

Rumour has it that the USAF are using these as target practice because they are the only thing moving slow enough for them to hit without destroying half of Norfolk in the process!

My Dad used to say that in the war when the RAF flew over the Allies cheered, when the Luftwaffe flew over the Germans cheered and when the USAF flew over nobody cheered as they were all too busy taking cover!

peter - 2014-01-08 2:04 PM

What else would you expect from the master of the snide remark.

All done in the name of good humoured banter of course. :-(

We can always rely on you never let anything stop you from finding the weakest excuse for yet another unprovoked snide jibe can we Peter.

I can see how so minded politically correct morons would love to try to create a link where one does not exist between a tragic helicopter crash and a joke, especially when it suits their purpose for their ongoing snide campaign.

Grow up Peter and get a grip on reality.

Tracker - 2014-01-08 2:26 PM

We can always rely on you never let anything stop you from finding the weakest excuse for yet another unprovoked snide jibe can we Peter.

I can see how so minded politically correct morons would love to try to create a link where one does not exist between a tragic helicopter crash and a joke, especially when it suits their purpose for their ongoing snide campaign.

I would tend to agree with your general gist, Peter. Most British service personnel in war tend to get very concerned when they are told the Americans are behind them offering support. They know all to well that they usually get shot or bombed from the wrong side. While I am also saddened to hear of any loss of life, this was a military helicopter and flying on a military mission. Although not in a conflict at the time there is always a greater risk threat to such activities and the personnel were aware of this before taking part. One could also possibly suggest that what was the reason for these personnel actually being in the UK. It is not as if we are at war, or did I miss something. The helicopter crashes in the North Sea were on the other hand civilian activities and the guys had no choice in the transport method.

laimeduck - 2014-01-08 2:40 PM

Come on everyone! - Leave my thread alone please.

It is, and was, light hearted.

Can we please keep it that way?

Sorry. However, I did not see Keith Vaz in your picture with the welcoming cups of coffee.

What's with all the pseudo hurt feelings. What I said is true.............and you know it. I don't have an on going campaign, snide or otherwise. You must be getting paranoid in your old age. :D

Dave225 - 2014-01-08 7:24 PM
peter - 2014-01-08 2:04 PMWhat else would you expect from the master of the snide remark.All done in the name of good humoured banter of course. :-(
We can always rely on you never let anything stop you from finding the weakest excuse for yet another unprovoked snide jibe can we Peter.I can see how so minded politically correct morons would love to try to create a link where one does not exist between a tragic helicopter crash and a joke, especially when it suits their purpose for their ongoing snide campaign.Grow up Peter and get a grip on reality.
I would tend to agree with your general gist, Peter. Most British service personnel in war tend to get very concerned when they are told the Americans are behind them offering support. They know all to well that they usually get shot or bombed from the wrong side. While I am also saddened to hear of any loss of life, this was a military helicopter and flying on a military mission. Although not in a conflict at the time there is always a greater risk threat to such activities and the personnel were aware of this before taking part. One could also possibly suggest that what was the reason for these personnel actually being in the UK. It is not as if we are at war, or did I miss something. The helicopter crashes in the North Sea were on the other hand civilian activities and the guys had no choice in the transport method.

What a load of utter crap (highlighted in red above).  Presumably you are not making that comment from personal experience.  The 'blue on blue' does very very occasionally happen in the 'fog of war' but it is very very rare.  You might hear comments such as you say but I can assure you it is 'banter'...it is very much in jest.  During Gulf War 1 we were all very happy that the Americans were around with, amongst other assets, their B52, F117 Stealth and Patriot missile systems.   What you glean from the press is grossly exaggerated in order to make 'saleable' headlines.  It is journalistic bulls**t.

Oh and is there a 'right' side to get bombed or shot from?

laimeduck - 2014-01-08 10:14 PM

You can all go jump in a lake - losers!

Or take a flight in a one engined one winged aircraft piloted by someone called Peg Pikey, flying around in ever decreasing circles until the inevitable occurred and it vanished!

I thought it was quite light hearted .........................................................................for chatterbox. (lol)

RogerC - 2014-01-09 7:49 AM
peter - 2014-01-08 2:04 PMWhat else would you expect from the master of the snide remark.All done in the name of good humoured banter of course. :-(
We can always rely on you never let anything stop you from finding the weakest excuse for yet another unprovoked snide jibe can we Peter.I can see how so minded politically correct morons would love to try to create a link where one does not exist between a tragic helicopter crash and a joke, especially when it suits their purpose for their ongoing snide campaign.Grow up Peter and get a grip on reality.

What a load of utter crap (highlighted in red above).  Presumably you are not making that comment from personal experience.  The 'blue on blue' does very very occasionally happen in the 'fog of war' but it is very very rare.  You might hear comments such as you say but I can assure you it is 'banter'...it is very much in jest.  During Gulf War 1 we were all very happy that the Americans were around with, amongst other assets, their B52, F117 Stealth and Patriot missile systems.   What you glean from the press is grossly exaggerated in order to make 'saleable' headlines.  It is journalistic bulls**t.

You may wish to look a little further back in time. My father in law in WW2 was quite adamant that his outfit were very scared when they were told the Yanks were behind them. They tended to shoot first and then ask questions. I also have a mate who is one of the last Desert Rats and then went up through Sicily and was again at D day. He much preferred to know the Americans were well out of range. I also spent a number of years working alongside ex Vietnam Vets and their behaviour was never what one could call normal. Yes, war can make animals out of any of us, but one has to hope that allies remain just that, regardless of what colour of the rainbow you wish to use. I also think without hopefully digressing from the OP that the reports of drone killings on civilians does not encourage anyone to have too much confidence.

To be fair the Americans did actually kill more Brits in that war than the Iraqi's did though. They even bombed John Simpson FFS!

Barryd999 - 2014-01-09 7:55 PM

To be fair the Americans did actually kill more Brits in that war than the Iraqi's did though. They even bombed John Simpson FFS!

I never said anything to dispute that 'blue on blue' happens........see my post...it's all there in black and white.

Archived