Further Astra 2E update

Frankkia

Astra 2E started the move from the test slot last Monday and is moving towards the broadcast position of 28 degrees at a rate of knots.

It is at 38.28 degrees at the moment and given that it is making a very shallow route to the broadcast position I would estimate that it will be in position on or around the 31st of January. It will have some days of test before going live.

Due to the concerns of Ex Pats and other holiday makers in Spain this is one of the most tracked satellites in orbit.

SES (the owners) would appear to be on track to start migrating broadcasters (like BBC, ITV etc) to the new satellite starting early / mid February.

So if you are heading for Spain / Portugal and only have FTA satellite equipment you may want to consider taking some DVDs with you. There will still be some programming available in southern regions but you may be left with shopping channels / Sky News / Movies for Men and a few "Slut on a Sofa" channels.

Guest JudgeMental

Hmmm......"sluts on a sofa" pray tell moi more.... :D

There will be rivers of tears before bed time with these sat moves.......Want to buy my old/spare kindle..... anyone? :-D

Guest pelmetman

Currently watching a movie in English just using the status ariel ;-)...............and there's at least 5 other English program channels..........although........sadly the adverts are in Spanish :D.......

Even worse we can get Eastendes on the pitch wifi *-)............

pelmetman - 2014-01-19 5:00 PM

Currently watching a movie in English just using the status ariel ;-)...............and there's at least 5 other English program channels..........although........sadly the adverts are in Spanish :D.......

Oh NO!!!!!!!!! Not Eastenders - Slash yer wrists time.

Are you using a proxy server to get BBC I Player then?

Better class of adverts on Arabsat - They seem to be obsessed with hair care and yoghurt.

Guest pelmetman
Frankkia - 2014-01-19 5:41 PM

pelmetman - 2014-01-19 5:00 PM

Oh NO!!!!!!!!! Not Eastenders - Slash yer wrists time.

Are you using a proxy server to get BBC I Player then?

Better class of adverts on Arabsat - They seem to be obsessed with hair care and yoghurt.

No proxy server............using Filmon ;-)....................The Spanish seem obsessed with squirting things up their nose and pile cream :D..............the applications of which are best not confused 8-) ......

Archived