motorhoming at British Grand Prix

Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown - 2014-01-19 9:56 PM

Hi,

I have started another thread rather than hi-jack the snetterton one. Is it possible to put a motor home on a site at the race track for visiting practice/race etc. at the UK Grand Prix. Anyone done it? Answers on a postage stamp please.

Art

Hi Arthur

This isn't yet another shameless plug for the opposition - honest!

Lizzie Pope, Digital Ed for PMH, is also a motorsport fanatic, so if anyone will know if you can do this, she will. Try posting it over on their forum and she'll pick it up.

(OK, declaring interest - as most people here know I'm their moderator, but only for love, not money!)

A google search will show that there are a number of sites around Silverstone open for the Grand Prix and some of these open for other events such as the Silverstone Classic which we go to. We stay at Woodlands Campsite which is large but only a few hundred yards from the circuit and they supply farm trailer transport in if needed. New shower blocks were built about three years ago and has entertainment on site if that is your scene.

We used to use Whittlebury Park which is further out particularly if Becketts gate is not open though it should be for the Grand Prix. It is at the opposite end of the track from the International pits and facilities rather tired when we were there unless you managed to get in to the adjoining golf club!

When booking online you are offered option of camping in two different sites 'family friendly'(? ) or 'Party/group'(? ) (can't remember quite what they call them) , compared to the price of GP tickets I don't recall these being outrageously expensive.

Yes you can m/h at the F1 BGP.

The choices are at the 'circuit' campsite which is close and has tractor rides to the gate. As someone else has mentioned they have noisy and family type areas.

There are also a number of temporary sites around the area that provide various facilities and have a variety of prices.

Arthur Brown - 2014-01-20 10:49 PM

Thanks guys, I have noted your comments and will do some research. Fully intend to attend just not sure yet where to park.. Your information is very helpful. will keep you informed.

Art

Don't take to long deciding, I hummed and harred last year, by the time I made my mind up all the seats I had in mind had gone.

Would recommend woodlands. Much closer than other sites.

Have booked a family pitch with hook up for 2014 along with grandstand seats in stowe

For the race.

Last year stayed in camping f1 fields. Great entertainment but a long walk to the circuit.

Be warned you will need to be at the circuit by 6am on the Sunday to get a decent view if you

Don't or can't book grandstand seat.

Archived