Your favourite campsite?

RussS Travel Editor

JudgeMental - 2014-01-28 9:50 AM
derek pringle - 2014-01-28 9:35 AM
flicka - 2014-01-27 10:28 PM
Corky 8 - 2014-01-24 5:56 PM

Ours would be  Camping Sainte Claire , Neufchatel en Bray, lovely well kept site really clean Toilets, a new Aire for Motorhomes, also a Supermarket, Aldi and Lidl all within walking distance.

http://www.camping-sainte-claire.com/

Another vote for Camping St. Claire, as our favourite FRENCH site & not forgetting their on-site bar / restaurant, plus cheap fuel at nearby Le Clerc (the nearest supermarket)
Hi, stayed a couple of times on this site and on the 'aire' last year. Would definitely recommend for stopover but couldnt see the benefit of any longer.Judge,- checked out the website of your 'garda' site and must say that looks very inviting, the sort of place you could unwind for a decent length of time,cheersderek
I'm going to regret that post!*-) While it would be lovely to meet up with you Derek :-D If they publish it in MMM? its hard enough to get on there anyway! We have to book by Christmas to get a summer slot as it is!:-SHow about giving Starvin Marvin a break..might of been a bad moment, and I agree to a small degree with what he means...
Thank you sir, its dead easy to upset those of a delicate nature. Am I bothered? I think not.

Hi, Russ,

Any of these -- http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/articles/view.asp?id=377

Unfortunately too few and far between!

The still dog-friendly private site (but only just! they are threatening to ban the dreadful creatures and their owners - who won't obey the rules!) at Nicholaston farm, overlooking Oxwich Bay on the Gower coast is the best site that we visited last year - clean modern facilities, friendly owners, a very good farm shop selling their own home-grown produce (wonderful asparagus in April!) and the best Full English we have had in a long while! Not to mention the beautiful location! A thoroughly recommended family-friendly site - which may well have banned dogs and their (irresponsible) owners by now!

Cheers,

Colin.

Russ

Without a doubt the best site we have been to is Nattersee near Innsbruck Austria. http://www.natterersee.com/ It is an exceptional site which gives the feeling of being in the mountains with 5 star amenities, good activities and good food, whilst being a short regular journey away from Innsbruck. The bus which is free to campers leaves the campsite around every hour.

Our favourite camp site in the UK is Naburn Lock, near York. http://www.naburnlock.co.uk/ It is a lock side setting with a safe cycle track into York. For the less active a river Taxi from the lock or a regular bus service from the gate will also take you to York centre six miles away. The friendly couple who own the site keep it very beautiful and clean and tidy. There is also a well stocked site shop and a great pub a short walk away in the village.

Guest JudgeMental
Cliffy,we are stopping at Natersee, as meeting up with friends this summer on way to Italy......Probably wont get on now thanks to your post! *-).....(:-D)

Mannix Point, Cahersiveen, Kerry, Ireland - warm welcome, peat fire and singing in the bothy, stunning location.... oh and week of fantastic sunshine!

Camping Municipal Vallee de Nevache, France - location, location, location. Take your own facilities. Camping beside a rushing river in meadows full of wildflowers and grasshoppers.

Caolasnacon, Kinlochleven, Scotland - so beautiful and very close to mountains to climb. Facilities functional, seals passing by, fire on the beach, great for watching birds, tide, sunsets.

Another www.sportcamp.at A fabulous site in Austria.Nice sized pitches, shop restaurant etc.Hairdressing salon etc.Super clean loos and showers.Small village with bars, cafes etc. within walking distance.Lovely walks.Beautiful scenery and nearby railway station that runs to Salzburg among other places.

Charabanc - 2014-01-30 8:59 AM

Mannix Point, Cahersiveen, Kerry, Ireland - warm welcome, peat fire and singing in the bothy, stunning location.... oh and week of fantastic sunshine!

I can endorse that one too -- brilliant! Hopefully the the wonderful Irish eccentric owner, 'Mortimer' is still alive & kicking!

Cheers,

Colin.

Ah, Nattersee!

Went there on a family camping trip in the late 60's. Arrived in the sun and warmth, took in the fabulous views of the mountains and went to bed looking forward to a fantastic week. Started raining that night, got cold, never saw the mountains again because we were right in the clouds.

Went back in the camper a few years ago. Europe was having a heatwave and a drought. Arrived in the sun and warmth, took in the fabulous views of the mountains and went to bed looking forward to a fantastic few days. Started raining that night, got cold, never saw the mountains again because we were right in the clouds. We left.

It is so beautiful there that I really would like to go back, but have decided that the Gods have decreed that it is not for me.

Love the CC site at Pandy. Lovely position. Great walking from the site; lots of ruined castles to visit; Hay on Wye nearby; Golden Valley; Mappa Mundi at Hereford Cathedral. Seem to get good weather when we go there.

Peter

PCC - 2014-01-30 1:02 PM

Ah, Nattersee!

Went there on a family camping trip in the late 60's. Arrived in the sun and warmth, took in the fabulous views of the mountains and went to bed looking forward to a fantastic week. Started raining that night, got cold, never saw the mountains again because we were right in the clouds.

Went back in the camper a few years ago. Europe was having a heatwave and a drought. Arrived in the sun and warmth, took in the fabulous views of the mountains and went to bed looking forward to a fantastic few days. Started raining that night, got cold, never saw the mountains again because we were right in the clouds. We left.

It is so beautiful there that I really would like to go back, but have decided that the Gods have decreed that it is not for me.

Love the CC site at Pandy. Lovely position. Great walking from the site; lots of ruined castles to visit; Hay on Wye nearby; Golden Valley; Mappa Mundi at Hereford Cathedral. Seem to get good weather when we go there.

Peter

Well we had glorious weather.We drove down via Belgium,Luxumbourg,Germany.Apart from one wet day all was good.Return journey was via Switzerland and Eastern France.When we got to the tunnel loads of people who had done western and central France were glad to be coming home because of the rain!!!!!!!

Oakdown caravan park near sidmouth :it's next door to the donkey sanctuary just a twenty minute walk along a tree lined walkway . There's a pitch and put beautifull toilet block and very nicely landscaped , the cafe at the donkey sanctuary is licensed :it's a good walk to the sea :and the bus route to Lyme Regis and sidmouth is just outside the gate ......lovely: also up to Scotland the cc New England bay site a tiered site magnificent views out to sea wild and windswept absolutely nothing there.....marvellous peace : pp

Charabanc - 2014-01-30 8:59 AM

Yes plus 1. Had a great time touring Ireland and this was a real gem

Camping Kalbermuhle, Bad Wildbad Germany.

Lovely cycle rides through the forest. One day the lady owner saw us walking towards the toilet block with a big bag. "Why are you not going cycling today".

"Laundry day" says I.

She grabbed the bag and said go cycling I will sort that.

Arrived back in the late afternoon, laundry done, even the socks all matched up and everything folded.

AliB - 2014-02-05 10:33 AM

Camping Kalbermuhle, Bad Wildbad Germany.

Lovely cycle rides through the forest. One day the lady owner saw us walking towards the toilet block with a big bag. "Why are you not going cycling today".

"Laundry day" says I.

She grabbed the bag and said go cycling I will sort that.

Arrived back in the late afternoon, laundry done, even the socks all matched up and everything folded.

[/

QUOTE]

Now that IS service

Lady Margaret's CC site in Chirk. Castle and great walks on the doorstep, Chirk Viaduct/Aquaduct, Froncysyllte Aquaduct,, canal walks, pleasant village with hotel, pub and cafes. Wrexham, Chester, Oswestry and Shrewsbury within an hours drive and the Ceiriog Valley.

Not worried about it being full now, it always is!

Archived