Any Globecar/Possl owners out there?

Guest JudgeMental

Guest JudgeMental
Carrying on from Hugh's thread, re his battery going flat, I was wondering does anyone know how the Possl leisure and vehicle batteries are set up...Do they have battery management. So when on 230v, when leisure batteries are full the charger trickle charges vehicle battery. I almost bought a "battery master" device for my Adria until I realised it had this management already....so as now changing to a Possl would like to know, for Hugh's benefit as well

Guest JudgeMental
thanks Lenny...that's handy, and nice to know.......noticed it says when you stop driving for a while and have been running fridge on 12v to make sure its switched off...maybe Hugh should check his as this is another appliance that draws power. it also has info on battery cut off switch that Hugh may find useful.

Fridge is definitely off, and it only works on 12v anyway when the engine is running.

I'll have to check the manual for the solar panel and maybe contact Duemo to confirm how it was set up, if it really should be capable of maintaining starter battery charge as well as the 2 leisure batteries.

JudgeMental - 2014-01-26 1:12 PM

thanks Lenny...that's handy, and nice to know.......noticed it says when you stop driving for a while and have been running fridge on 12v to make sure its switched off...maybe Hugh should check his as this is another appliance that draws power. it also has info on battery cut off switch that Hugh may find useful.

Hymer group thend to wire their vans so that when the fridge is on auto and there is no gas or mains it will run from the habitation battery, there is a fuse you can pull on the Elektroblock that stops this happening.

Guest JudgeMental
peterjl - 2014-01-26 1:18 PM

Hi

I must admit I had a battery master fitted with the van bits alarm system, plus a second leisure battery, when I purchased mine 2 years ago so it has not been an issue I have worried about.

Peter

I'd contact van blitz and ask for a refund for your unnecessary battery master.....don't they know what they are doing? Made enough money out of you I bet with their overpriced alarm system *-)

I can confirm that our Globecar also charges both batteries from mains. Our 2011 van has manual change over on fridge and it only works on 12v with engine running.

Was at SMC getting a sld flyscreen on Friday and noticed the later van (2013?) has different fridge which may be auto select.

Guest JudgeMental
colin - 2014-01-26 8:05 PM

I can confirm that our Globecar also charges both batteries from mains. Our 2011 van has manual change over on fridge and it only works on 12v with engine running.

Was at SMC getting a sld flyscreen on Friday and noticed the later van (2013?) has different fridge which may be auto select.

So you have splashed out on sliding door screen? Van I might get has it......What did they knock you for that :-D

JudgeMental - 2014-01-26 8:46 PM

colin - 2014-01-26 8:05 PM

So you have splashed out on sliding door screen? Van I might get has it......What did they knock you for that :-D

All the new Globecars have them fitted now, we just missed out on getting one :-(

JudgeMental - 2014-01-26 2:15 PM

peterjl - 2014-01-26 1:18 PM

Hi

I must admit I had a battery master fitted with the van bits alarm system, plus a second leisure battery, when I purchased mine 2 years ago so it has not been an issue I have worried about.

Peter

I'd contact van blitz and ask for a refund for your unnecessary battery master.....don't they know what they are doing? Made enough money out of you I bet with their overpriced alarm system *-)

You seem to be assuming that the "Battery Master" (BM) passes charge to the starter-battery only when the motorhome is on 230V hook-up. This is not the case, BM allows the starter-battery's charge to be maintained off-EHU.

BM will be particularly valuable if a motorhome has not been fitted with any means (other than its alternator) to charge the starter-battery, but it will still be useful for people wild-camping for long periods and/or when an alarm system has been installed.

Guest JudgeMental
tomag - 2014-01-27 9:38 PM

Hi Eddie When I asked at Dumo about door fly screen they said 400 euro

HimTommy..thought you were away travelling. Have just signed up on the Globecar/Possl forum, not much happens over there yet, but it may become a useful resource in time

Archived