Screwfix aerial coaxial cable don't use

takeaflight

I bought a ready made coaxial cable from Screwfix others sell them, moulded plugs and relatively cheap.

My advice don't, get good quality low loss only a couple quid more but the difference in picture quality amazing.

I recently moved the tv only by about 4 feet, but to route the cable was a pain, then I had to do it all again to change it for better quality.

Roy

Had to make two trips to Screwfix this afternoon, not happy. Amongst other things I purchased a 'large bore' shower hose, when I came to fit it, it wasn't large bore, on phoning customer support to check which might actualy be large bore they could only suggest going to store and checking each one, this I did and all the so called 'large bore' hoses where not at all, so it was a case of buying the largest they had and make do. The worst part was on the second visit getting stuck in the Black Cat traffic jam >:-(

Still i did see they are starting the revised roundabout, wonder if the'll get it right this time, must be the forth attempt since the barford bypass has been built.

Co-Ax cable is one of those items where you really do get what you pay for, I never use ready made patch cables always make them myself from high quality satellite cable. Even on a 2 metre cable if the signal it a bit week with digital it can be the difference between a picture or a blank screen.

I always install my own aerials on the house don't bother with fancy aerials but do use good quality cable for the down lead. Some of the cable you see aerial installers using the best place for it is in the skip, they sell you a fancy aerial that looks good so they can charge loads of money then use crap cable.

takeaflight - 2014-01-31 7:31 PM

Screwfix are IMO quite good, they used to better before b and q bought them, I also use toolstation. The Redditch branch is huge so as of yet they never been out of stock of anything I have required.

I prefer toolstation too & they usually have what I ask for ;-)

Archived