Lands End to John O'Groats

robinS

robinS - 2014-01-31 4:41 PM

My son is cycling from Lands End later in 2014 and wants me to be his "back up van" and mobile bed.

I think it will be fun - anyone any advice on route and pitfalls ?

Hi Robin - and welcome to the forum.

If you type " cycling lands end to john o groats " into Google you will find a number of relevant websites - from routes - to places to stay.

Good luck with the trip - sounds like a great idea to me.

;-)

candapack - 2014-01-31 10:06 PM

antony1969 - 2014-01-31 6:23 PM

Ye it's a long way , and remember O Groats is in bandit country , deliverance and all that .

Well that's me voting YES in the Independence Referendum. :D

Take no notice Chris, he's from the Uddersfield Bad Lands and to top that a Cowboy Roofer :D

Any chance of taking Yorkshire with you in the Referendum 8-) :-D :-D

Dave

nowtelse2do - 2014-01-31 10:37 PM

candapack - 2014-01-31 10:06 PM

antony1969 - 2014-01-31 6:23 PM

Ye it's a long way , and remember O Groats is in bandit country , deliverance and all that .

Well that's me voting YES in the Independence Referendum. :D

Take no notice Chris, he's from the Uddersfield Bad Lands and to top that a Cowboy Roofer :D

Any chance of taking Yorkshire with you in the Referendum 8-) :-D :-D

Dave

My solicitor has been informed David and you can expect a PM in due course from his office . My horse is lame otherwise I would have sorted you myself

antony1969 - 2014-02-01 12:40 PM

My solicitor has been informed David and you can expect a PM in due course from his office . My horse is lame otherwise I would have sorted you myself

I don't know whether to worry or wonder. What's he sending Cameron round for (?) I thought Uddersfield solicitor's only dealt with benefit cheats.........you're not one of them are you :-D

A little tip.....put less stone slates on the horse, he'll soon get better. ;-)

Bondi Vet Dave

nowtelse2do - 2014-02-01 7:19 PM

antony1969 - 2014-02-01 12:40 PM

I don't know whether to worry or wonder. What's he sending Cameron round for (?) I thought Uddersfield solicitor's only dealt with benefit cheats.........you're not one of them are you :-D

A little tip.....put less stone slates on the horse, he'll soon get better. ;-)

Bondi Vet Dave

Cameron is just one of a number of politicians the likes of me and Frank Wilkinson have on the paylist David .

Roofing problems are one thing you Lancashire lot don't suffer from ain't it , living in caves definitely has its benefits .

antony1969 - 2014-02-01 8:32 PM

Cameron is just one of a number of politicians the likes of me and Frank Wilkinson have on the paylist David .

Roofing problems are one thing you Lancashire lot don't suffer from ain't it , living in caves definitely has its benefits .

Quite correct antony, we don't need roofers, just sou'westers, waders, umbrellas and floating airbeds :-(

Horatio Dave

Another thread hijacked...........sorry robinS

robinS - 2014-01-31 4:41 PM

My son is cycling from Lands End later in 2014 and wants me to be his "back up van" and mobile bed.

I think it will be fun - anyone any advice on route and pitfalls ?

I would very interested in a blog of your trip, it's something I have fancied doing. There are organised cycle trips for novices (me) and out and out road racers, they include accomodation and food but are very expensive £2k + so I've got some saving to do if I wish to pursue this ambition!!

Archived