motorhome discount on IOW ferry

duetto owner

probably the most expensive stretch of water in the world (mile for mile) even with the discount and as both Redfunnel and Wightlink are owned by investment funds who have a strangle hold on the island, there will be no cheap fares until some competition comes into the market.

Maybe when pigs fly!! :-D

Colin Leake - 2014-02-01 7:49 PM

To little to late. I had booked a week on the caravan club site in April back in December. When I went to book the ferry and saw the price I switched it to a site on the mainland. We could have afforded it but I simply hate being ripped off, in fact I simply can't live with that.

We used our Tesco travel tokens towards the cost of the ferries when we went, and then booked a nice CL on the Isle of Wight direct for £6 a night, the whole thing was less than the 'special' 5 day ferry and camping deal by quite a margin!

Mildi, you don't need to shop at tesco to get points. We rarely do but we have a tesco credit card, buy everything on it and pay it off every month. we've bought 4 Chunnel return crossings, 1 IOW crossing, 2 overseas package holidays and a GB narrow boat holiday. All paid from points earned on the card and all on items that we would have purchased anyway. 

Archived