Overnight stay on dockside.

rolling r

Hi All again

Thanks for the replys I dont know how I got two posts. Glad to say problem is solved..We will be staying

Port Solent Marina its off the last M275 junction befor Portsmouth Google Earth it to see massif parking

area.

I Hope this will help you all with one motor home

rolling r - 2014-02-04 1:22 PM

Hi All again

Thanks for the replys I dont know how I got two posts. Glad to say problem is solved..We will be staying

Port Solent Marina its off the last M275 junction befor Portsmouth Google Earth it to see massif parking

area.

I Hope this will help you all with one motor home

As you are staying at Port Solent. I sugest you go up as near to the lock end as possible. The cinemas andf late night bars are all at the nearest end as you get there, also go slow along the entrance road, as there are two road bumps, whch are quiet big ones!

Plenty of resturants, including a Harvester if you want a meal

Have a good journey, I hope the wind drops as it is very blustery at the moment

PJay

PS Port Solent is actually on A27, go past Tesco, if coming from the east,(A3)and turn left at the second set of traffic lights,(filter) the first being the route to Tesco. If coming from the weat (M3), then turn just before the motorway bridge (again a filter)

If you want I could get the GPS details, as I passit most days.

Derek Uzzell - 2014-02-07 12:13 PM

If you want very specific GPS coordinates for a destination, you can use this website

http://itouchmap.com/latlong.html

I've used it to find the GPS coordinates of the entrance to the large car-park off Marina Keep Rd (to the south of the Port Solent marina) and entering those coordinates into my sat-nav would take me there.

Now thats a good tip thanks... ;-)

If you want very specific GPS coordinates for a destination, you can use this website

I've used it to find the GPS coordinates of the entrance to the large car-park off Marina Keep Rd (to the south of the Port Solent marina) and entering those coordinates into my sat-nav would take me there.

If you just click on a point in Google Maps and select what's here it puts the lat & long in the search box. (lol)

lennyhb - 2014-02-07 11:31 PM

If you just click on a point in Google Maps and select what's here it puts the lat & long in the search box. (lol)

A useful tip - I wasn't aware of that capability. (It's perhaps worth saying that it's necessary to 'right-click' a mouse to bring up the list that includes the "What's here?" option.)

Archived