gear knobs

henry

uMM How do you stop the gear knob and spring flying off the gear leaver, rendering reverse in embarassinng situations impossible please on a Fiat Ducato! Last time the spring finished up under the fridge! You lot out there are helpful to us! Regards Henry

Henry. Forget the warrenty its a sfety issue. Quote the Sales of goods act. the Gearlever is not suitable to do the job its meant for, therefore the vehicle has failed to serve its purpose. It comes under a reasonable life expectancy, and four years is out of the question. David

Yes, Dave, Docted is TECHNICALLY correct. Under EU legislation that is now part of English Law (and probably Scottish), new items are expected to be fit for purpose for 6 years. But try telling that to either the vehicle or electronics industries! Of course, you will win in the Small Claims Court, but it's such a hassle. Dave, did you know that your customers can bring back to you and demand a replacement for, say, a satnav or reversing camera that goes wrong up to 6 years after installation due to faulty manufacture or a design defect? This legislation supercedes the Sale of Goods Act.

Okay so you might get it replaced under warranty but I never said you wouldn't. Henry pointed out that the vehicle was out of warranty in which case he will need to pay for the replacement parts and fitting then try to claim the money back. Of course he could refuse to pay and try to get the manufacturer to pick up the cost in the first place but I'd say he's got more chance of knitting fog! The answer to the original question is to go to your nearest friendly Fiat dealer and get the gear lever assembly replaced whoever pays. D.

Hi Dave, Help please what's wrong with my reversing camera . It's a brand new Avic Pioneer bought in Jan this year. Back to a Newark company to be mended about 1 month ago just before holidays. Never worked once. Put it in reverse nothing ? 8o| should I give it a clout (lol)

Hi Michelle, Sorry chick but my crystal ball's knackered! Seriously it could be any one of a number of things from a blown fuse to a broken connection or even a faulty camera. Without seeing the 'van I couldn't even start to guess what might be wrong. You could try giving it a clout but you need to know where to clout it. D :-)

Archived