Truma CombiHi

tomag

Hi All In Morocco and having trouble with Truma if I put it on hot water only starts and goes out after two minutes but if I put it on heating and hot water runs ok but even after 45 minutes water is still only just warm anybody had this problem and if so what is the answer do not say take to agent because they are 300 k away

tomag

Truma Combi heaters come in 2 flavours - "Combi" gas-only operation models or "Combi(E)" gas+230V models. It might not help in your case, but it could be useful to know if yours is the former or the latter type.

I shall assume you are operating your heater on gas.

1. As the heater runs in 'Winter operation' mode (ie. with blown-air heating selected) I can't offer a plausible explanation why it will only operate in 'Summer operation' mode (water-heating-only) for a short time before shutting off.

I presume your "...goes out after two minutes..." statement means that the heater shuts down after two minutes and the red LED on the control-panel illuminates steadily.

(There is a Trouble-shooting list in the Combi Operating Instructions leaflet - but I guess you have already consulted this.)

2. 'Winter operation' has two options, selectable via the heater's control-panel - air-heating with water temperature monitoring, or air-heating without water temperature monitoring. (The difference is explained in the Operating Instructions.)

As you are in Morocco (where I assume it's warm) if you have selected air-heating without water temperature monitoring, very little water heating is likely to be carried out. Even if you've selected air-heating with water temperature monitoring, you may still end up with only warmish water after 45 minutes.

(As I'm not exactly sure what's been happening from your brief description, I can't be certain whether the water becoming only warm after 45 minutes is what I'd expect to happen or not. However, if blown-air heating is operating simultaneously with water heating, the water will take a LOT longer to become hot than if water heating alone is being carried out.)

3. Try this...

Turn the 'room temperature' rotary dial on the heater's control-panel anti-clockwise to its minimum setting (Position 1). Then select 'Winter operation WITH water temperature monitoring' (flame-symbol 60°) on the control-panel's 5-position switch.

In principle, doing this should inhibit blown-air heating from occurring and all the output from the heater's gas-burner would be used to heat the water (which should then reach 60°C in about 20 minutes).

I can't swear this procedure will work but, if it does, it should allow you to sidestep the water-heating-only peculiarity.

(I don't think this problem relates to low gas-pressure as more gas would be needed to operate the heater in 'Winter operation' mode than in 'Summer operation' mode. However, it would be worth you confirming what the gas-flames of your motorhome's hob look like. Turn both of them to maximum and leave them running at full blast for a couple of minutes to check for any sign of 'weakness'.)

Hi Thanks for the good reply when I have it on water heating only and it goes of after a couple of minutes the lights stay the same still green and yellow no red t on the dial just the green and yellow light . I will try what you suggest in the morning and let you know if it works . Eddy what is the securemotion thing you are talking about

Guest JudgeMental
tomag - 2014-02-05 5:18 PM

Hi Thanks for the good reply when I have it on water heating only and it goes of after a couple of minutes the lights stay the same still green and yellow no red t on the dial just the green and yellow light . I will try what you suggest in the morning and let you know if it works . Eddy what is the securemotion thing you are talking about

the gas valve in your gas locker, do you know what model it is? if is truma securemotion, it will have green reset button..it is a safety device that detects loss of pressure and shuts valve, they withdrew it last year as it was so prone to failure (I had 2 fail) But if your cooker/fridge still working probably not an issue. I now have a gaslow cleese (Oop's! did have, but van gone :-S) and will now always carry a spare when travelling.

truma.jpg.5965b8e04af2c0403d38e0c880648c74.jpg

the gas valve in your gas locker, do you know what model it is? if is truma securemotion, it will have green reset button..it is a safety device that detects loss of pressure and shuts valve, they withdrew it last year as it was so prone to failure (I had 2 fail) But if your cooker/fridge still working probably not an issue. I now have a gaslow cleese (Oop's! did have, but van gone ) and will now always carry a spare when travelling.

Judge I've got securemotion & waiting for it to fail - Is the replacement regulator a straight swap or are adjustments to pipework needed. I don't want to be out & about & find I can't swop over

Regards

Hi Derek

Tried what you suggested but on number one heating and hot water it turned of after two minutes waited put it back on with heating on number five heating and hot water and stayed on till I turned it of but the water was only just tepid so I am taking it that its the hot water side not working maybe a trapped valve

Guest JudgeMental
K9GYN - 2014-02-06 7:52 AM

Judge I've got securemotion & waiting for it to fail - Is the replacement regulator a straight swap or are adjustments to pipework needed. I don't want to be out & about & find I can't swop over

Regards

for the sake of 30 odd quid just carry a spare, I dont know if yours 8 or 10mm. but gaslow do the cleese valve (what i fitted) and GAS IT do a combined compact valve with changeover..I might carry this as a spare

So Tommy what valve have you got??

Chris, Tommy is camping on a beach so doubt he has electric connection :-D

Problem solved . Thanks for all the answers and for those who would like to know how it was solved my friend who was a corgi gas person had a look yesterday but could not find the fault came over and asked if I had run the hot water after filling the tank which had been drained for winter and I said no so he suggested opening the drain valve and dumping a bit of water and then shut the valve again which I did twice and then fired the Truma up and bingo it worked loads of hot water in about 15 minutes

Silly boy (lol)

Difficult to heat water that doesn't exist, I expect we have done silly things, I arrived at at CS with no water at all I'd filled up before leaving home, the dump valve on the Truma was open it syphoned all the water out of the fresh tank. (lol)

Hi You lot did not read what I wrote I said I had filled the tank and the hot water tank were both full when it did not work and all I did was open the valve and let a bit of water out and the closed it and for some reason it then worked .How could you think I had forgotten to fill up with water when I said all along I had water but it would not heat up

Archived