Gas BBQ or Cadac

ips

EMS - 2014-05-05 5:21 PM

I have tried to buy the connector to the Cadac (Safari I think) so I can use it at home with a gas bottle, but could not find a supplier.

Does anyone know of a supplier for this connector?

Isn't it a standard gas left handed thread fitting? Try Southampton Calor (http://www.socal.co.uk/) they sell fittings and Cadecs.

I too thought about getting a connector and pipe with a propane regulator so I can use it elsewhere, however it is the cooking method of choice in the MH so has never been taken elsewhere.

snowie - 2014-05-05 7:15 PM

EMS - 2014-05-05 5:21 PM

I have tried to buy the connector to the Cadac (Safari I think) so I can use it at home with a gas bottle, but could not find a supplier.

Does anyone know of a supplier for this connector?

Mine came with a pipe connector.

Don't you just need a length of pipe and a regulator?

regards

alan b

Snowie, you are right that is exactly what I did but found it difficult to swap the pipe from the van connection to the home regulator so I bought another straight connector for the Cadac end of the new pipe..

I did want a 90 Degree fitting to attach to the Cadac so I could leave the gas pipe attached when the Cadac was in it's bag but could not find one. Any ideas were I could get one?

Cliff

Guest pelmetman

"Gas BBQ or Cadac".................point of order ;-)................they are both gas cookers :-| ...............

Unless you've had the hint of firelighter in your food.......along with annoying your neighbours when cooking on a CC site :D.............You are NOT having a BBQ *-).............you are merely cooking outside on a gas cooker >:-).........

pelmetman - 2014-05-05 7:47 PM

"Gas BBQ or Cadac".................point of order ;-)................they are both gas cookers :-| ...............

Unless you've had the hint of firelighter in your food.......along with annoying your neighbours when cooking on a CC site :D.............You are NOT having a BBQ *-).............you are merely cooking outside on a gas cooker >:-).........

Totally agree Dave (oo-er ... must be getting soft in my old age! :D ) this is why we have decided to stick with our single suitcase stove with a griddle pan on top and also take our suitcase gas bbq too (yes a proper one with a wire rack, not a griddle plate!) which works off the same cheap aerosol type canisters. We also have a gourmet griddle plate which we can use on the suitcase stove too if we don't want to take the other one with us.

215255772_3in1bbqstovegrill.jpg.17e12f8b56d5e2018a2b82faddb52e82.jpg

1993209949_gourmetgrillplate.jpg.5c4644ff58deaede47b5a9db5484642e.jpg

Archived