To drive or not to drive

bodach

I have temporarily removed the leisure battery from my McLouis Lagan on a 2004 Ducato. This is under the driver's seat which has to be removed to remove the battery. This is for recharging purposes off the vehicle. Can I drive the van with this battery missing. Obviously I insulate the currently redundant terminals. I see no reason why I should not do this but someone may know different.I am thinking of relocating it in the offside locker which is a short distance from it's present location but soo much easier to access.

I can't see any reason why you can't drive with the leisure battery removed as long as, as you say, the terminals are insulated.

Is it difficult to remove the drivers seat as my leisure battery is located under and will need to be checked soon.

Why remove the battery in the first place,it will charge in situ if you put the hook up and charger on, yes you can drive with the battery removed but as you say you must insulate the terminals as they will be live with the engine running from your alternater,you could fit a second battery in the said locker whilst you are at it.

Thanks for response. The drivers seat is removed by undoing 4 torx screws which in my case were tightened by a gorilla. Firm I think is OK. I have to remove the battery for charging as a hookup is not possible where currently parked. I have to move it elsewhere to change battery location hence driving query.

Archived