Holland

william1

Was there in September. If you want to visit Amsterdam then this one:-

1) Amsterdam :- CAMPING GAASPER - 52.31311,4.990689

ACSI CAMPING €16 per night

http://www.campingcard.co.uk/gb/en/europe/netherlands/north-holland/gaasper-camping-amsterdam-105497/

http://www.gaaspercamping.nl/en/camping.html

Free wifi, 15 mins to centre on metro

If you want country try this one:-

Then try a small port Enkhuizen about 60 miles north of Amsterdam Lovely little town with port/marina/canals and en route visit Edam where the cheese is made

ENKHUIZEN Details:-

CAMPING DEN VEST - 52.708842, 5.287816

http://www.campingdevest.nl/ about 18- 20 € per night inc electric

Small site limited but good clean facilities, but with free wifi

The Dutch are fantastic - friendly, laid back, and it is comparable prices to France.

The cycle rules where ever you go in Holland, and Amsterdam is choc-a-bloc with them.

168604642_bikesamsterdam.jpg.078563b3960a031a09833836574be406.jpg

I have visited Holland for many years going again in September,but as I don't yet own a van can't be much help with sites,however one area I know very well is around the Coastal town of Noordwijk ann Zee,many cycle tracks through the woods and sand dunes,also some sites along that coast for Motorhomes,i will also be visiting the area of Oosterbeek Arnhem which is very nice,i saw a small site there I will try and post the details,its located in the woods,and of course this year is the 70th commemoration of operation Market Garden a bridge too far,i will be in Arnhem for it that weekend in September.

cheers Don.

laimeduck - 2014-02-09 4:06 PM

Was there in September. If you want to visit Amsterdam then this one:-

1) Amsterdam :- CAMPING GAASPER - 52.31311,4.990689

ACSI CAMPING €16 per night

http://www.campingcard.co.uk/gb/en/europe/netherlands/north-holland/gaasper-camping-amsterdam-105497/

http://www.gaaspercamping.nl/en/camping.html

Free wifi, 15 mins to centre on metro .............................................

Thanks Jeremy, looks useful! :-)

JudgeMental - 2014-02-09 6:57 PM

A bit flat mind....... if you visit during the summer its nigh on empty as they all head south on mass.....

That's what we thought a few years back, having spent years in SW France with enormous numbers of Dutch people. I think they must clone themselves in Summer though, Holland seemed fairly full as well!

One site to avoid is de Krakeling, at Zeist, just outside Utrecht. We stayed there, unaware of the the significance of the advertised "Nachtspele" (night games) - and had large groups of teenagers rampaging round the site until 4 in the morning, as part of the site animation!!

Solwaybuggier - 2014-02-09 8:44 PM

A bit flat mind....... if you visit during the summer its nigh on empty as they all head south on mass.....

That's what we thought a few years back, having spent years in SW France with enormous numbers of Dutch people. I think they must clone themselves in Summer though, Holland seemed fairly full as well!

!

Some years ago I told a Dutch camper ( in south of France ) that I thought Holland must be empty in summer as I had seen so many Dutch people everywhere else but she said that I would find it full up, - with Germans.

;-)

Delft is great, Delfts Houte is a walkable site nearby.

Holland is a bit pricey though. So be prepared to pay double for eating and drinking out as in Germany.

malc d - 2014-02-09 9:02 PM

Solwaybuggier - 2014-02-09 8:44 PM

!

Some years ago I told a Dutch camper ( in south of France ) that I thought Holland must be empty in summer as I had seen so many Dutch people everywhere else but she said that I would find it full up, - with Germans.

;-)

Indeed,i visit the Coast of Holland,once went in August,never again,its full of tourists in the main from Germany,i always go start of September.

william1 - 2014-02-09 2:26 PM

We are thinking about going over to Holland this year - Any suggestions for sites in areas which are convenient for a spot of easy cycling.

Look at a guide book, decide where you want to go, find a campsite in that area and you will almost certainly find that there is a cycleway. The Netherlands is geared up for cycling with dedicated cycle ways. With the exception of the Valkenberg area it is a flat country so cycling in most areas is easy!

william1 - 2014-02-09 2:26 PM

We are thinking about going over to Holland this year - Any suggestions for sites in areas which are convenient for a spot of easy cycling.

Look at a guide book, decide where you want to go, find a campsite in that area and you will almost certainly find that there is a cycleway. The Netherlands is geared up for cycling with dedicated cycle ways. With the exception of the Valkenberg area it is a flat country so cycling in most areas is easy!

Sorry about the double post- purely accidental!

We went to Holland a good few years ago and got our camper bricked ... but do NOT let that put you off! Really, we've been back since without a problem! My advice is to ALWAYS make sure you are either on a site or somewhere out of the way (ie not next to a town) on Saturday night and the local kids go mad in the early hours of Sunday (don't ask me why, they just do in some places!) ... that's when we got bricked. *-)

Holland also has some aires too which they call camperplaats - the one we were 'bricked' at was this one so I would avid it like the plague as having just read the reviews of it, it appears that the local youths are still causing problems:

Gemeente

Rijndijk 6

6566 CG Millingen a/d Rijn

Website for camperplaats here:

http://www.camperplaats.nl/

Archived