Driving Lights or DRLs

Cliffy

I would like to elitist some opinions from you good folks.

The reflectors on the driving lights (the ones under the front bumper) on our 2 Ltr Ducato appeared to have turned red, probably due to oxidisation. I expected it to fail the MOT for the last two years but it did not.

As I have only used them once in past four years I was thinking of turning them in to daytime running lights.

Do you good people think that it is a good idea or should I renew them as driving lights or just leave them how they are?

Spotlights or front fog lights are not an MOT item.

I would have thought them more lightly to be fog lights if that is the case if you decide to leave then it would be worth fitting new units so at least they are usable.

However if you are confident you will never use them probably a good move to fit DLR's have a look at Ledcom they may well have something that will retro fit, obviously you will need to make some minor wiring changes.

lennyhb - 2014-02-10 9:07 AM

Spotlights or front fog lights are not an MOT item.

I would have thought them more lightly to be fog lights if that is the case if you decide to leave then it would be worth fitting new units so at least they are usable.

However if you are confident you will never use them probably a good move to fit DLR's have a look at Ledcom they may well have something that will retro fit, obviously you will need to make some minor wiring changes.

Thanks for that they look good value at £59 and it will modernise the look of the van. The fog lights are next to useless with the red reflectors.

Archived