off to france

t.gray

hi guys im off to france and spain for three weeks on 7th sept from dover... will be parking at marina parade the night b4... anyone recomend some great airs on the way to the south.. going over the maliue bridge...( think that haw u spell it) if ur at marina parade come and say hello im in the lunna premier h622 many thanks :-> :-> :-> :-> :-> :-> ;-) ;-)

Hi there I shall be in Dunkerque on the 6th, then I think head West then south in to northern spain, maybe Portugal then finnish on the Costa Blanca. The bridge at Millau is some sight, designed by a Brit I believe. There is an aire in the town of Millau but it tends to fill up quickly, had to spend a night on a lorry park once. On previous occasions I have stayed at the following aires, you will notice I tend to meander, but thats the beauty of being retired. 1 Le crotoy Nr Abbeyville on the coast 2 Brezolles West of Dreux 3 St Maure De Tourane Sth of Tours 4 Cadillac Sth East of Bordeaux 5 Venerque Sth of Tolouse I tend to stay at Millau on the way home. I used to stay at Cap Blanc Nez just west of Calais before venturing on but alas no more it is out of bounds. Which ever route you choose enjoy Foxy

After the Millau Bridge (which, incidentally, is best seen from beneath), try the aire at Roquefort (of cheese fame) - free. Or just beyond, by a river and pool, Camarès, also free, or a bit further, Belmont sur Rance, nice old village, again free. There is a lovely aire at Fraisse sur Agout, with electricity, if you don't mind paying €6 for an idyllic spot on the river bank amongst the ducks. Further towards Spain, there is Leredorte, on the quay of the Canal du Midi not far from Carcassonne - this is free. For one on the Med, try Port-Vendres, with only a quiet road between you and the sea - but €7 until the end of September, then €4.20. Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Archived