ACSI Club ID

candapack

Those details are also required for the CCI ( Camping Carnet ) which I get from the Camping Club.

Been using that on sites for 30 or 40 years without a problem.

Have never passed over a passport on a site ( and wouldn't do so ) - I always have a photo copy ready in case they ask.

Trouble is these days of course that with everything being " on -line " you really never know who can get hold of your details but I'm afraid that's the price we pay for "modernisation"

:-|

Although We rarely stay on sites do always carry a Camping Card, don't want to be handing over my passport but if only staying one night and you pay up front they don't normally bother with your passport apart from getting the info from it.

Did spend one night on a site last year showed my Camping Card and they gave me a 30% discount wonder if they thought it was an ACSI Card as they look similar. Made the 3 quid the card cost worthwhile. :D

We have used the ACSI for a couple of years last year we used the C&CC ID card campsites in Europe did not recognise the card straight away whereas they do with the ACSI card. We have gone back to the ACSI card purchased direct from ACSI I think it was 4,95 Euros delivered from Holland in less than 10 days. I took out a repeating credit card payment for coming years, which means I only have only had to enter personal details once in the life of the passport.

It is much better than having to hand over passports on campsites. Most ACSI campsites will only ask to see the ACSI discount card as you write your passport number on the back. A couple of campsites have kept this card for the length of stay but that is rare.

The last few times we have been round Europe the passports have only come out of hiding for the channel crossing.

The ID card came in useful as a deposit last year, we were paying 12 Euro for 2 hours of tennis at a campsite we were not on.. Asked if we could have the spare key to the court for 2 weeks if I paid up front 50 Euro's, gave the card as a deposit for the key. We were both pleased, played most days .. Didn't really care where the money went as we saved at least 50/60 +Euro's and didn't have to keep taking the key back..

Well worth the cost of the card...

I've had one for a couple of years basically because it was free with the guide and gave extra insurance cover if someone fell over the bike on my pitch! However, this morning I received an email from them telling me my passport was about to expire!

On checking they are right! I now have to renew sharpish before we head south! So, worth joining and definitely a bonus in them knowing my dates & details even if only to not get stuck abroad with an expired passport

Mike

Unfortunately in our modern world giving lots of information for a simple task, is the norm. However, if you think about it, if you book into a hotel they want to see your passport so if you are travelling a foreign land, they usually want some form of ID and the ACSI ID card is as good as any. As mentioned it is a replacement for the Camping Carnet which we all had to 'buy' from the CC or C&CC one way or another.

However, I have doubts that all French sites or Spanish for that matter are going to use it to flood you with advertising material or flog your details off to the local Mafia. Let me put it this way, how many shops have asked you for your postcode when you buy a simple item??

Archived