"Coast" Insurance

laimeduck

Anyone use these insurers please or have any comments about them?

I currently use Comfort (Aviva) who have been fine, but the premium from Coast (Zurich or Equity Red Star) is better with equivalent or better cover.

(I am not a member of the "Clubs" so don't use their insurances)

Thanks

Jeremy

I have the bike insured with Swinton Bikes who are part ofn the Safeguard group and the policy is with Equity Red Star. They seem fine and were very competitive price wise with like for like cover of other insurers. Can't comment what they're like in a claim as haven't had one yet thankfully. Safeguard are very good in emergency both claim and breakdown situations

Mike

No experience of coast but the policies are underwritten by well know insurance companies. Looking at their policy documents the Zurich one is a Motorhome policy the Equity one is a Car policy.

Always best to have proper Motorhome cover, they did not have full policies on their site need to check things like windscreen cover.

When looking around insurers I noticed Frank Pickles policy only covered windscreens up to £500, max total claims in one year £500, not much good for a Motorhome.

I will never insure through Equity Red Star again. Had my car written off a few years ago and their settlement figure was appalling. Even after rejecting the offer and arguing values I eventually got an increased offer but still lost around £1500 compared to the cost of getting a similar replacement. Claims girls on phone spoke like young kids with no idea of values, just read a script and you could never speak to the same person again so had to explain same things over and over to each person.

laimeduck - 2014-02-14 10:55 PM

Thanks guys for your input, decision time is next week, so I'll feedback.

Well after much to-ing & fro-ing between Comfort & Coast we decided to stay with Comfort (Aviva) as they give 365 days overseas cover with 6 months maximum in any one country.

The Coast (Zurich) premium was £222, the Comfort one £244 so not a lot in it. Otherwise the deals were very much the same & I must say that Coast were really very helpful.

Interestingly, Comfort refused to budge at all on their price even though I told them what Coast were offering?

laimeduck - 2014-02-23 12:12 PM

Interestingly, Comfort refused to budge at all on their price even though I told them what Coast were offering?

Yep that's the way they work they will not entertain haggling but at least you know where you stand with them.

Archived