What does this mean?

nightrider

knight of the road - 2014-02-22 12:15 PM

When I turned on the ignition of my car this morning which is a peugot 306 on the dash it said PLIP battery spent, what's that?

This might be your answer, Malcolm: http://www.justanswer.com/uk-car/63o34-peugeot-207-message-plip-battery.html

New batteries needed for your key(S) perhaps?

I hope that helps,

Cheers,

Colin.

Symbol Owner - 2014-02-22 1:07 PM

knight of the road - 2014-02-22 12:15 PM

When I turned on the ignition of my car this morning which is a peugot 306 on the dash it said PLIP battery spent, what's that?

This might be your answer, Malcolm: http://www.justanswer.com/uk-car/63o34-peugeot-207-message-plip-battery.html

New batteries needed for your key(S) perhaps?

I hope that helps,

Cheers,

Colin.

Colin,

Thanks for your help in putting me on the right track, it was the battery in my set of keys that was going down, the link that you gave me they wanted £22 up front to help, once again thank you.

Malc,

Symbol Owner - 2014-02-22 8:24 PM

No, I hope not too Malcolm -- but the answer to the question: "What does 'PLIP battery spent' mean?" was on the link, with no request for money as far as I could see, so I don't quite understand -- sorry if I am being thick!

Colin.

No, you only had to pay if you followed the link and had them give you the answer to your query which I didn't, I tried my spare set of ignition keys and lo and behold that solved the problem, so tomorrow I will have a new battery put in my keys.

Guest Peter James
This shouldn't happen if the vehicle has been properly serviced because replacing remote key batteries is a service item. Batteries are widely available, and it usually tells you how to replace them in the owners/drivers handbook.

On my Discovery - I start to get odd reactions from the car alarm when the key-fob battery is on the way out. It still works OK but not always with first press and not always until a bit closer to the vehicle than usual.

Also - sometimes when locking rather than the normal 3 flashes you get a few more - which should indicate that the Alarm has been set off - but seeing as how it sits on our drive - we know it hasn't gone off.

Change the key fob battery and all reverts to normal.

Archived