les medes

audgreen

The Medes, Estartit

Is the smallest state with the 2014 Best Camping

It is not the first time it receives the prize, and the director, Joseph M. Plan explains that the only way to continue being considered a five-star camping is to give the consumer what they need. "The Germans and the Dutch highly value the facilities," he said. Toilets, according to plan, is the most valued, but also scored highly pools, entertainment and restaurants. Camping Les Medes, Estartit, open all year. Among the investments made this year saw the renovation of toilets. Also changed all customers who use washing machines have installed a defibrillator and have set up a service plan called "courtesy" and totally free, which is to accompany clients to the TGV station if they have no other way to move them. Has 170 plots and 12 bungalows, plus indoor pool, sauna and solarium.

We are here at the moment and it is wonderful. please excuse the translation done from Spanish by google.

Guest JudgeMental
defibrillator and someone who knows how to use one a good idea ......a few popped their clogs on site we were on in October, not saying it might have helped but going by the age groups that over winter in Spain you never know......

Just to put an opposing view as this seems to be flagrant advertising. Les Medes is a ghastly site for the winter and at other times of the year for that matter. Loads of trees, dark and dismal environment, too far North for the winter and there are much nearer campsites in Estartit to the town and beach especially La Serena.

What do people do at Les Medes especially in winter? The site needs to lay on transport because the site is badly located. While the facilities are OK, I lasted two nights there 2 years ago and moved further south as the weather in Estartit can be mixed even in May and June. Nice cycling in the area though and Estartit is an excellent place but I fail to find the attraction of Les Medes. We are all different though.

BrianBW - 2014-02-23 1:38 PM

I just wonder what is more important to Motorhomers!

Me for example consider for a long stay; drinking water, waste water drain, and electric on the pitch more important than all the items mentioned in the 'Post'

Yes .......................that raises an interesting question. What is more important, location and weather or a site with drinking water and waste water drain on the pitch? Most pitches on sites in Europe have electricity so that is not a deal breaker.

My preference is for location and weather but clearly others think differently and explains why Les Medes is popular.

I was not advertising just giving an opinion. We picked this site for its indoor heated pool, good cycling and peace and quiet. No good for anyone wanting a riotous holiday. The staff are the most pleasant I have come across but each to his own. As an aside the weather is and has been glorious. Can't please everyone all of the time.

Archived