campsite loos - are they important to you?

RussS Travel Editor

Guest Had Enough
RogerC - 2014-02-26 2:25 PMHE you make a very valid point regarding the Wardens.  We too have always found them to be pleasant people.  However you could just as easily have made your point without resorting to personal attacks.  By doing so it really deflates the impact of your comments and reflects the comments back onto you because it seems every post you make has to contain a personal attack which is rather predictable, unpleasant and boring.  Please try to play nicely.......I'm sure we would all appreciate it.

"It seems that every post I make..................." You're doing it again I'm afraid! Gross exaggeration about me or any of the other people or institutions you dislike.Also It's a pity that you couldn't make your point without resorting to a personal attack. Or does that just apply to me? You really are very amusing sometimes!This man has been spouting this bile for a long time and I and others have been more than reasonable with him. But sometimes, as you have just demonstrated, it's easy to be goaded to make a point a bit more strongly.Now I have no intention of rising to another of your little digs at me so, for the sake of everyone else in this thread I shall not respond to you on this subject again.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Had Enough - 2014-02-26 2:51 PM
RogerC - 2014-02-26 2:25 PMHE you make a very valid point regarding the Wardens.  We too have always found them to be pleasant people.  However you could just as easily have made your point without resorting to personal attacks.  By doing so it really deflates the impact of your comments and reflects the comments back onto you because it seems every post you make has to contain a personal attack which is rather predictable, unpleasant and boring.  Please try to play nicely.......I'm sure we would all appreciate it.

"It seems that every post I make..................." You're doing it again I'm afraid! Gross exaggeration about me or any of the other people or institutions you dislike.Also It's a pity that you couldn't make your point without resorting to a personal attack. Or does that just apply to me? You really are very amusing sometimes!This man has been spouting this bile for a long time and I and others have been more than reasonable with him. But sometimes, as you have just demonstrated, it's easy to be goaded to make a point a bit more strongly.Now I have no intention of rising to another of your little digs at me so, for the sake of everyone else in this thread I shall not respond to you on this subject again.

I simply posted an agreement with you and politely suggest your responses would be better received without personal attacks.  It was neither a 'little dig' or a 'personal attack'.  It was a suggestion.  I was merely pointing out that your posts would be better received without the personal attacks that seem, in the main, to accompany your replies.  Regardless of what you feel necessitated your response in such a vein (posting/s made by lennyhb) your personal attack was not really necessary.  It merely detracts from the thread. 

As for your comment:

Also It's a pity that you couldn't make your point without resorting to a personal attack. Or does that just apply to me?

I made no personal attack. I merely passed comment on your seeming inability to comment on a topic without resorting to the 'personal' unpleasantness.  You are without doubt the main protagonist when it comes to 'getting personal' so in light of your previous contributions and the tone of your response to me then yes it does 'just apply to you'.

I will reiterate my previous comment:

Please try to play nicely.......I'm sure we would all appreciate it.  Or as my old Granny used to say......"If you've nowt nice to say....say nowt".

Guest pelmetman

This man has been spouting this bile for a long time

They usually end up getting banned though................don't they Frank? (lol) (lol) (lol)

Oh dear, I seem to be the only contributor with a traditional campervan. We have no on board facilities, and rely totally on those provided by the campsites we stay on. So yes, they are really important to us. We have only once had to leave a site because of the toilets, in France, where there were only Turkish style toilets. Our thigh muscles weren't up for it!

RussS Travel Editor - 2014-02-26 4:08 PM............. At a rough count it seems that about 60% of you reckon the toilet block is important, and 40% that it isn't - so not exactly conclusive! ................R.

Oi, Russ, pull your own chain! :-) When was the last time a UK government was elected with so high a majority! 60 - 40 would be manna from heaven for any self-disrespecting politician! A clear vote in favour, IMO. :-D

Minicamper - 2014-02-26 4:43 PM

We have only once had to leave a site because of the toilets, in France, where there were only Turkish style toilets. Our thigh muscles weren't up for it!

Those are not Turkish style just standard French loos, they all used to be like that, they are OK when they have grab handles & it's a fine art unlatching the door pulling the flush and making a run for it to avoid wet feet. (lol)

Brian Kirby - 2014-02-26 5:22 PM

RussS Travel Editor - 2014-02-26 4:08 PM............. At a rough count it seems that about 60% of you reckon the toilet block is important, and 40% that it isn't - so not exactly conclusive! ................R.

Oi, Russ, pull your own chain! :-) When was the last time a UK government was elected with so high a majority! 60 - 40 would be manna from heaven for any self-disrespecting politician! A clear vote in favour, IMO. :-D

It would be interesting to see the results on other forums though. I would say FACTS probably the other way around and Wildcamping (well a bit obvious) probably 1% - 99% but only cos there is always one!

Not sure about FUN.

Had Enough - 2014-02-26 1:15 PM

lennyhb - 2014-02-26 9:44 AM

Now that's a good idea would love to see the look on the face one of those detestable Sargent Major CC wardens.

I'm not sure what it is that makes you so hateful and unreasonable on the subject of CC wardens but what is obvious is that you're unable to work out that it paints you in a far worse light than any warden.

Any CC member will tell you that wardens are, on the whole, a very nice, friendly and helpful bunch who will often go out of of their way to help should you ever have a problem when on a site.

If you find them to be otherwise it can only be because of your approach to them, and your continuing comments on here clearly point out that you probably approach them with a huge chip on your shoulder and a rude and vitriolic attitude, which you always display when this subject comes up.

Not that the subject comes up often, it's usually just you taking every opportunity to vent your obsession!

Wardens are normal people, I have never found one to be anything remotely like a sergeant major, but if after a hard day they were confronted with you, who could blame them for retaliating?

Give it a rest please, you're doing yourself no favours and simply highlighting a very unpleasant side of your nature, apart from which it's becoming predictable and boring.

Many years ago we stayed on a CC site with just such a warden. He was so extreme it was great fun. Like being in a live episode of Fauly Towers. His poor wife seemed to spend all her time going round behind him apologising. I must say most fellow campers seemed to enjoy the experience. It made a great talking point comparing our transgressions.

RussS Travel Editor - 2014-02-26 4:08 PM

Hi everyone

Just a quick note of thanks for your time and thoughts on this. At a rough count it seems that about 60% of you reckon the toilet block is important, and 40% that it isn't - so not exactly conclusive!

Anyway, it's been really helpful. Thanks again!

R.

Hi Russ

Your original question concerned " one of the many things we look at when visiting sites " so I trust that you did not take into account the views of those respondents who ( as predicted ) joined in to let us know that they don't visit sites, when working out your percentages.

:-D

"It seems that every post I make..................." You're doing it again I'm afraid! Gross exaggeration about me or any of the other people or institutions you dislike.....................
Frank, the only people who can judge the accuracy of the way others see you, is the others, not you. Follow this thread onward from your unfortunate intervention, and look what happened. You repeatedly intervene with high handed put downs, or attempts thereat, and the result is inevitably destructive. We all, apart from you, see this. If you would just make your points in less provocative ways, we would all, including you, benefit. Your line above reminds me of the "Charlie Brown" song by the Coasters. Went along these lines: He's a clown, that Charlie Brown, he's gonna get caught, just you wait and see, then it's why is everybody always pickin' on me! :-D

Guest pelmetman

This kinda thread does make I giggle :D..................the last time they became important was last week 8-)..................would I make the camper or the facilities before I sh*t myself :-S..........

The facilities won...................only because they were closer ;-).............

Guest pelmetman

I do wonder at my fellow camper sometimes :-S................its obviously a habit :-| ............but as I do the washing up in the camper (I'm a modern man, as trained by er in doors 8-) )..............I often watch the German blokes from the huge great Concordes trundle off to the washing up block :-S...............You'd think that if you can accommodate a Smart car up your rear end you'd fit a bleedin dishwasher? 8-)............

Progress eh? :D

pelmetman - 2014-02-26 9:31 PM

I do wonder at my fellow camper sometimes :-S................its obviously a habit :-| ............but as I do the washing up in the camper (I'm a modern man, as trained by er in doors 8-) )..............I often watch the German blokes from the huge great Concordes trundle off to the washing up block :-S...............You'd think that if you can accommodate a Smart car up your rear end you'd fit a bleedin dishwasher? 8-)............

I've seen washing m/c's and dishwashers fitted in rv's.

To RussS Travel Editor

With tongue sort of firmly in cheek.............

Could I please apologise to you on behalf of most people who frequent this forum for the interjection from brother Hard Enough (HE). I think others have summed up the views of many, but I would like to add that His Excellency’s (HE) utterances, by & large do not represent the views of most of us. Using the statistical principle of the normal distribution, I believe that you should ignore the top 2 views ie the High End (HE) views & the lower 2 High Error views (HE). Invariably they emanate from the opposite to the Head End (HE). The utterances are usually Highly Enriched (HE) and give a Horizontal Error (HE) which is High Explosive (HE) in nature.

In summary the Human Effects (HE) of this example of Human Engineering (HE) is a product of dubious Home Education (HE).

I am Sir your ...........

Guest pelmetman
colin - 2014-02-26 9:49 PM

But do they use them? :-S...................

All our pitches here are super pitches with individual water and grey drainage..............yet they still trundle off with their two buckets of washing up? :-S.............Its like paying 200k for sex but have someone else enjoy it 8-).................

pelmetman - 2014-02-26 9:58 PM

colin - 2014-02-26 9:49 PM

But do they use them? :-S...................

All our pitches here are super pitches with individual water and grey drainage..............yet they still trundle off with their two buckets of washing up? :-S.............Its like paying 200k for sex but have someone else enjoy it 8-).................

we're talking in north america, and rv's built on coach base. One particular van caught my attention, chap came 'down' from van, opened the luggage door, and there was the washing m/c and dishwasher, obviously an afterthought for when van was built

Guest Had Enough
Brian Kirby - 2014-02-26 7:46 PM

"It seems that every post I make..................." You're doing it again I'm afraid! Gross exaggeration about me or any of the other people or institutions you dislike.....................
Frank, the only people who can judge the accuracy of the way others see you, is the others, not you. Follow this thread onward from your unfortunate intervention, and look what happened. You repeatedly intervene with high handed put downs, or attempts thereat, and the result is inevitably destructive. We all, apart from you, see this. If you would just make your points in less provocative ways, we would all, including you, benefit. Your line above reminds me of the "Charlie Brown" song by the Coasters. Went along these lines: He's a clown, that Charlie Brown, he's gonna get caught, just you wait and see, then it's why is everybody always pickin' on me! :-D
You really do have a nerve Kirby. This was the ' unfortunate intervention' in this thread: and it was by LennyHB:'Now that's a good idea would love to see the look on the face one of those detestable Sargent Major CC wardens.'This is just the latest of a string of despicable attacks on a decent bunch of people, something he takes every opportunity to do.No one, you, RogerC or anyone else, has made any comment about this. But when I object and make my views known, and none of my comments were as objectionable as his, RogerC, in his self appointed role as forum prefect, leaps in to have a go at me, something he does on a regular basis.And now you come along in your role as another self-appointed moderator to stir the pot a bit more. I'm beginning to see why Onefootinthegrave came to detest you.My comments were aimed at LennyHB and were nothing to do with you, RogerC or Laimebrain below, who's another one who can't resist his partisan little attacks. So do us all a favour and mind your own business. I note that LennyHB has since returned to this thread and he made no comment on my accusation that he is being unfair, unreasonable and hateful. And I'll make this as clear as I can, if he makes similar comments in future I shall respond in like manner. Where CC wardens are concerned the man is hateful, vindictive and in my opinion, a liar.He regularly claims that they are all 'detestable sergeant majors' but in the next sentence tells us that he doesn't use the sites in question!Do you have any sense of fairness, do you think that such comments have any basis in reality or are you of the opinion that I am that they're the rantings of an obsessive man with a huge chip on his shoulder?And you accuse me of being provocative! Pardon me whilst I p*ss myself with laughter!Finally, I really don't give a toss what you or anyone else thinks about me. If I think that someone is being despicable and unfair I'll tell them and I'll tell them in the style I prefer. If you don't like it, that's tough. It's an Internet forum for God's sake and if you can't stand a bit of rough and tumble go and join Mumsnet.

Guest Had Enough
laimeduck - 2014-02-26 9:53 PM

To RussS Travel Editor

With tongue sort of firmly in cheek.............

Could I please apologise to you on behalf of most people who frequent this forum for the interjection from brother Hard Enough (HE). I think others have summed up the views of many, but I would like to add that His Excellency’s (HE) utterances, by & large do not represent the views of most of us. Using the statistical principle of the normal distribution, I believe that you should ignore the top 2 views ie the High End (HE) views & the lower 2 High Error views (HE). Invariably they emanate from the opposite to the Head End (HE). The utterances are usually Highly Enriched (HE) and give a Horizontal Error (HE) which is High Explosive (HE) in nature.

In summary the Human Effects (HE) of this example of Human Engineering (HE) is a product of dubious Home Education (HE).

I am Sir your ...........

To Russ S.

I apologise for another sad little attack from the man I've come to think of as Laimebrain. He's a bit of an old woman and takes every opportunity to have his cowardly little digs.

His main role is normally boring everyone on Chatterbox with old Internet jokes, which he clearly thinks are highly amusing (they never are by the way) but occasionally he escapes to Motorhome Matters where he loves these little jabs at me.

It's all a bit sad really. I don't know when it started but at some point I must have rattled his cage and he just can't let go. Poor thing.

As in the post above he thinks that he's being terribly witty, when in fact he's just being his usual boring big girl's blouse.

His tag line is very odd 'What, me worry' as he seems to worry a lot! (lol)

Ps He's another one who'd be happier on Mumsnet I think.

candapack - 2014-02-26 11:30 PM

Slightly off thread but;

This same thread has been running on the Tuggers part of the site - 2 responses!

Can anyone explain this anomaly?

Yes, I can.

It is because the majority of motorhome owners who prefer this forum are very ANAL.

This is the reason that it has been months since I even looked at this forum (never mind logged on). :-D

I am very grateful that these owners have all gathered together on the one forum. It makes life much easier for the rest of us. :D

Now carry on with the importance of lavvies. :D I shall be on another forum, which is a misnomer, the fruitcakes are all here. 8-)

Guest Had Enough
candapack - 2014-02-26 11:30 PM

Slightly off thread but;

This same thread has been running on the Tuggers part of the site - 2 responses!

Can anyone explain this anomaly?

Dead easy, this is really a motorhome forum. It has never had any great number of tuggers and any that join soon realise it and move on. There are far better forums for caravanners than this one.

One clue is to look at the caravan threads and see how little response they get and how few of them there are.

The best forum for tuggers is undoubtedly the Caravan Club's. It's only been going two years and is ten times the size of this one and has sections on motorhomes as well that dwarf this one.

You don't need to be a CC member to join it but it's a perfect example of how interesting and busy a good forum can be, as opposed to this one which is a minnow and for whatever reason seems destined to remain the poorest of all of them.

Archived