Clubs

seadog

I have a 'Recovery only' (£30) policy with CC Green Flag, no longer available, but as long as I keep paying every year, they said I can keep it. My van is a 4.25 tonne 7.6 metre Autotrail, and after reading some of the above I phoned them and checked (no good finding out at the roadside is It ?) that I would still be recovered OK. they said, yes no problem. and a double journey if required. (and the dogs !).

Feel better now. *-) Ray

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
seadog - 2014-02-26 9:08 PM

Hi Guys

OK, we have been looking at joining one of the many clubs representing the interests of motorhome users. Mainly to get discounted site fees, insurance etc. Just wondered which club offers the the best benefits. The Caravan Club or The caravan & Camping Club, or is there any better ones out there

We are members of both C&CC and CC. The C&CC sites are less formal than the CC sites and if you are over 55 the pitch discounts are good. (Lakeside at KESWICK for £15/night). The CC seem to be better for insurances etc and the ferry booking process is better with similar offers/discounts.

The beauty of being in both is if like us you set off with only a vague plan of where you are going you have the choice of either clubs club sites and any CL or CS site. That said I have never been asked to show my card at any CL or CS site anyway.

Sorry your thread has turned in to yet another childish spat amongst some of the contributors. They do have a lot of knowledge between them and can be very helpful most of the time. But need to grow up. Don't let them put you off posting on here just ignore them when they start hissing and spitting.

Cliffy - 2014-03-01 11:14 PM

We are members of both C&CC and CC. The C&CC sites are less formal than the CC sites and if you are over 55 the pitch discounts are good. y.

Note that it's changing this year. Low season discount will be for over 60's

;-)

Archived