sigma s30 alarm

snail

Hi Guys, want to change a magetic reed switch on the door, can i do it myself or am i in danger of setting the alarm off or upsetting it? or do i need to have someone access the progam control module to allow this to be done?

All the door sensors are daisy chained together in a loop, then go to the control box, i think the interior movement sensors, bonnet switch, siren, keypad and link to immobiliser are each on different inputs? only found this by tracing cables

Has anyone done this or added a switch without any problem or am i going to open a can of worms?

Do have a local agent but has messed me about for 4 weeks now and am getting impatient!

Have scoured mr google but no wiring/ layout diagrams found

any help/advice appreciated

snail

Do not see why it should cause any problems it is only a switch. Normal advice would be to turn the power off to the alarm but if it was me I would do it with the power on just in case the alarm needs completely resetting after a power off, unlikely but not worth the risk.

If soldering the wires use a gas soldering iron as you are working on a live circuit this will avoid shorting the inputs to ground via the iron.

Hi Brian (snail)

I needed to relocate my alarm's magnetic reed switches & had no difficulties. Once the alarm is switched off, there was no current supply to them. I also had to extend cabling & used general household doorbell cable. That was 18months ago & have not had any problem with the Alarm.

Archived