Zaragosa

Brian Kirby

Has anyone recently used the campsite Ciudad de Zaragosa, please?

I have read a number of uncomplementary reports about lack of cleanliness, surliness, failure to maintain broken fittings, lack of hot water, and poor security (latest from 2014). Is this just the odd person having an unfortunate experience, or is it typical? Thanks.

Brian Kirby - 2014-03-09 6:52 PM

Has anyone recently used the campsite Ciudad de Zaragosa, please?

I have read a number of uncomplementary reports about lack of cleanliness, surliness, failure to maintain broken fittings, lack of hot water, and poor security (latest from 2014). Is this just the odd person having an unfortunate experience, or is it typical? Thanks.

Hi

We were there last April and again early May.

Both time it was "just passing through" and we used it as a stop over.

Security look OK there was one way in with a electronic gate. However, on our second visit the pool area has been opened and the pool filled. There were locals enjoying a warm outing. So I'm not sure how secure it was then. The caravan/motorhome stop overs were on one side of the site and there was toilets/showers/washing areas. All were under cover and there was also washing machines available (we didn't use these).

This area could have been cleaner but was OK(ish).

I though it a bit expensive for what you got but it is open 365.

Keith

Stayed there 2 weeks ago for 2 nights on way home.

Clean enough. Only 4 vans there. Plenty of hot water, take shower closest to the boiler

[look for chimney pipe], and run all the showers once or twice and the hot water comes through.

Typical example of a place run by the local council.

Guest pelmetman

We were there 2 nights ago..........Just as before..... a bit tatty around the edges and bloomin expensive for just one night 8-)...................although did discover a Mercadonna is just across the road ;-).......

But a useful stop nevertheless as it breaks up the slog from Biarritz to the Med :-|.......

Thanks Derek for the heads up on this new stop over I assume its at these coord just added it to my POIs 41.050894° -1.276337° Venta del Cuerno still under construction on google earth but finished now ?

Brian

Stayed there 3 weeks ago for one night. Gates not closed. A bit tatty. Very expensive for what it is and the staff seemed to think we were more trouble than we were worth. Useful stopover though. Stayed at an aire in navarcles. That also a useful one nighter on way. room for 4 vans in middle of small village. usual facilities for aires. Felt quite safe.

BKen1 - 2014-03-11 5:40 PM

Thanks Derek for the heads up on this new stop over I assume its at these coord just added it to my POIs 41.050894° -1.276337° Venta del Cuerno still under construction on google earth but finished now ?

Brian

That's the one. We've been using it for years, before the hotel/cafe/petrol station were built.

Guest peter
We'll be on Zaragoza tomorrow. Used it 7 weeks ago, it's o/k for one night. Bardenas is no good for the Somport tunnel and the N10 is now a toll road. So we'll use Zaragoza, imperfect as it is.

Guest JudgeMental
Brian Kirby - 2014-03-12 12:51 AM

Thanks folks. Going the other way now, via Lerida and along the coast.

What? Not thinking of traveling the robbers paradise route of the Barcelona corridor? :-|

Guest peter

I hope it's not because I will be there Brian. :D

We're there at the moment and the itinerants are still here, I bet Pelmetman felt among kinfolk, what with all the old clapped out vans on here. (lol)

One bonus though is that they have free Wi-Fi. :D

peter - 2014-03-12 7:30 PM

I hope it's not because I will be there Brian. :D

We're there at the moment and the itinerants are still here, I bet Pelmetman felt among kinfolk, what with all the old clapped out vans on here. (lol)

Qui, moi? Avoid you Peter. Why would I do that? :-) Just don't like the sound of the site or the way it is operated. Just seems too hit and miss.

• 2 weeks later...
Brian Kirby - 2014-03-12 9:49 PM

peter - 2014-03-12 7:30 PM

Brian Kirby -

Qui, moi? Avoid you Peter. Why would I do that? :-) Just don't like the sound of the site or the way it is operated. Just seems too hit and miss

Friday 21st, we arrived a couple of hours ago, receptionist very helpful, facilities ok m& f as far as we can tell so far. Just had torrential rain so not got to cafe/ rest't yet.

We were expecting horrendous experience: takes all sorts. If we survive the night it will have been no worse than a lot of others. And free wi-fi brings cost down a bit.i wouldn't go out of my way to avoid, unlike one or two we've stayed on this trip!

Regards

Alan b

Archived