Internet experts

alan

Guest pelmetman
Filmon is another option..............and its free............although a decent wifi connection is needed ;-)

Hi Folks

Thanks for your replies. Robin, it does look as though the French are at it again - I'll give it a try when we get over there. Dave, thanks for the tip about Filmon. Derek, thanks your reply - I thought the amusing one was great., I think the French invented the word 'protectionism'! It's also rather amusing that this article would appear to have been written by an American who also loved to practice it.

Alan

What's a "non geographic website" please?

A VPN might be used as a means to utilise an internet application that controls access to it by checking the geographic 'location' of someone's IP address, and I suppose such an application might be described as a 'geographic website'. However, the vast majority of internet applications do not use this type of access-control and can be used without resorting to VPNs.

The BBC are very strict about access outside of their geographic area i.e. the British Isles but content can be viewed by Tunnel Bear which fools the server into thinking that you are in the UK, it is also switchable to other countries.

Archived